Evolution false?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by me1, May 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. me1

me1 Well-Known Member

2. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

I don't believe the preachers and I don't believe the scientists. I have my own ideas but I don't believe them either. I guess I'm fine with that.
  3. protonaut

protonaut Well-Known Member

Many evolutionary theories can be considered tiny pieces of a vast puzzle which is far from completion. Some theories are merely sketches which may or may not remain in the greater picture. In time, there may be greater explanations than evolutionism, but intelligent design is not one of them. http://www.talkorigins.org/origins/faqs-creationists.html
  4. possessednomad

possessednomad Well-Known Member

creationism as it is is utter shite, i think any person thinking logically can see that - but the idea of a god and his creation of the universe and the earth is something i have great sympathy with, just not an organised religion's-idea of it. in fact possibly the only diety-based major religion i have sympathy for is sikhism - by far the most interesting and worth-looking into in my opinion.
  5. jonstark

jonstark Well-Known Member

Ardent defenders of evolution strike me as funny. Wtf do you know? What some bums taught you in school. Were you there at Creation, be it a single moment or six million years? No. So give me a break.
    Maybe some aliens did come and create us from scratch. Do we know that didn't happen? No. Sure, it sounds ridiculous, but it's a possibility.
    Besides, what difference does it make how we got here. Imagine you're on a sinking ship. Do you spend an hour examining the causes of the disaster? No, you try to come up with a way to get the hell out of there.
    And that's what life is all about.
  6. possessednomad

possessednomad Well-Known Member

yes, the hundreds of thousands of years humankind has to engineer some kind of way to comprehend and access other universes etc is just like 8 minutes of drowning in a sunken ship...
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2008
  7. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

we are always evolving :smile:
  8. bleach

bleach Well-Known Member

Those guys always defending Germ Theory really crack me up. Like, no one can really know if people get sick from micro-organisms or by possession of unholy beings. Or alien experimentation, even. When you get sick, you don't question why it happened, you just call an exorcist and start the purification rites. Science, hahaa, get a life weirdos
  9. Patch

Patch Well-Known Member

Right, those "bums" who teach the theory of evolution (pls note that a 'scientific' theory is diffrent from a regular old theory'. Don't believe me? Look it up.), who went to high school, university AND teacher's college, who majored in science and studied evidence discovered/studied/tested by people at an even higher education level. Yea, what do we know.
  10. me1

me1 Well-Known Member

"Many evolutionary theories can be considered...." A load of old codswallop?

"Some theories are merely..." Bunkum?

"In time, there may be..... " An acceptance of this reality?!

"but intelligent design is not..... " Acceptable, despite possibly being true, because it's unscientific.
  11. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

i dont trust main science. It would be not different that trusting mainstream religion. most of the theories about life are very far from the truth.

I heard a lota interesting theories, some much more appealing than coming from monkies over millions of years which came from fish which came from...etcetera. Like we are a cosmic experiment. Seems like it, cause where is the god damn order.

We were designed, not by god, but by already highly advaced beings. this would explain why we are so much more advanced than other species on this world. GOd is just the soul. not a person.

meh ive heard a ton of theories. I just think its good to keep an open mind. cause we dont know yet.

If this world is just some random, pointless, survival of the fittest, nightmare than so be it. Doesn't seem that way to me any more though. I think there is some thing more than what we can sense currently.
  12. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

God is not a person, God is a thing, God is all around us and inside us.

We all came from the universe and we are living in the universe, thus God is the universe.

The need to make God into a person is due to human weakness and fear.
  13. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

Actually, I can't find anything on the site that says what it is that they actually do believe, so I'm not quite sure that whoever is behind this is in fact a Creationist. If you could link to something that spells out the beliefs of the someone or several someones behind the site I'd be curious to read it. I get that they doubt evolution; what I don't get is what they think the proper origin of life is.
  14. Bigman2232

Bigman2232 Well-Known Member

Actually there is a HUGE difference. Religion requires no testing, no proof, and definitely no questioning whether it is not the truth. Science, and I'm talking real science, not the stuff that companies pay to have done is designed so that all theories are constantly under question and revision. Science is not about what theory appeals to you the most, it's about what can and can't be proven or disproven.

Another HUGE point is that people who try to argue against evolution, actually learn what evolution is. We DID NOT come from monkeys. We share a common ancestor with apes.

Scientists learn what other theories are, it would be nice if fanatics would at least do the same.
  15. me1

me1 Well-Known Member

It is the -belief- of evolutionists that 'we share a common ancestor'. This is merely an opinion not a fact. The website that is referenced at the top of this thread makes a very good fist of arguing 'against evolution' and the author's of said site seem to have a very good understanding of 'what evolution -is-'. Please try to refrain from labelling people 'fanatics' just because you do not agree with their position.

I suspect Darken may have been being flippant when he used to term 'monkeys' and was probably simply paying evolutionary-theory the respect it deserves.
  16. Testify

Testify Well-Known Member

I think you'll find it is in fact, a fact.
    Humans didn't just magically appear out of the earth, we had to have come here from somewhere.
    Now, it's known that humans weren't around until about 200,000 years ago (the exact figure often changes as different aged remains are discovered).
    The oldest human remains are, as I have said, about 200,000 years old, and were found in Africa.
    So where did these early humans come from? It's impossible that they came from another planet, as they would not have survived the impact. Since there are no other explanations for where these humans came from, something else must have evolved into being a human.
    But whatever evolved into being a human didn't spring out of the ground, it too must have evolved from a previous species.
    And so on, and so on.
    And the (to you, apparently) sad fact is that there comes a point when the common ancestors of monkeys and the common ancestors of humans become the same. Ergo, humans and monkeys have the same ancestors.
    Futher reading- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_evolution
  17. WanderingStar

WanderingStar Account Closed

All people require evidence in order to have any belief in an idea, which I always found to be troubling. The common man will believe physical/scientific evidence because they can connect to it with their physical senses, whereas religion is a little harder to explain. We used to believe the Earth was the center of the universe, and there was scientific evidence for it, but now we believe something else with scientific evidence to back that up. We would be arrogant to think we couldn't be wrong again. They are still only beliefs. We are entitled to believe what we want and we can easily create evidence to our advantage. There is tons of spiritual evidence suggesting a God or other deity and who are to we say this isn't genuine evidence? I for one don't actually trust my physical senses, because they are imperfect. We don't know if there are things out there we cannot see or touch, hear or smell. There could be universes around us that no amount of complex human technology could ever reveal. Life is an interpretation of beliefs. If i touch something, I choose to believe my hand in saying that there is something there, but even if everyone in the world agrees with me, that doesn't necessarily make it true. The point here being, regardless of where we came from, or if we even really exist, you're decision as to how you think we came to be is just as viable as any other.

The existence of all things is just a matter of belief.
  18. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

Im not saying there is not a difference im just saying they both are pretty much far from the truth and need a lot more time to evolve before we even begin to comprehend life with them. As far as I know they both could be totally wrong, or lies, or misinformation. "People say how do you know your religion is true, did you research every other religion? Did you prove its true?" and the exact same thing could be said about believers of some scientific theories. Do we all go out and prove every theory we believe our selves? How do you know that what you were told from some one holding the title of scientist wasn't lying to you the same way a religious person was. yeah thats true, its about finding the truth and thats like the main goal ive chosen for myself in life, so of course id always rather believe the truth rather than fantasy no matter how horrible the truth may be to me.

Yeah and I know it doesn't say we are monkies, i was just being humorous and cynical about it.

Why am i a fanatic friend? Im not even religious. My main point was that I think we are can be lied to and deceived by science and religion, and there are some things beyond our current technology or senses. i think we have been lied to about some things. Like global warming, I think there is a lot of fear mongering and propaganda being mixed in this theory by some people. I watched a video called "the great global warming swindle" That made some good points supporting that view. Also when sodium flouride was added to the us water supply in uh forgot the year, but pretty much the people in charge of inspecting the health hazards of this lied and were disingenuous. and now we all have toxic waste in our water.

skeptics should be equally skeptical to what is being told to them as true by science, as they should regarding religion.
  19. Testify

Testify Well-Known Member

If you're going to ignore rationality and logic as the basis of human understanding, what the hell are you doing in soapbox? Since by your own method of "thinking" it'd be impossible to persuade anyone else of your point of view.
    So leave. k?
  20. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

So human beings are as equally related to cockroaches as to other primates?

No he doesn't, actually. The best way to 'argue against evolution' would be to propose an alternate theory with empirical evidence. Where is this done on the site?

We actually don't know whether the person behind this is a fanatic or not. Not until we can determine exactly what it is he believes.

What theory of human origin is deserving of respect, then?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.