EVP - A proof that thre is life after death

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Summer.Rain, Jun 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Summer.Rain

Summer.Rain Well-Known Member

Electronic Voice Phenomena (EVP) concerns unexpected voices found in recording media. It is a form of after death communication. ITC is a newer term that includes all of the ways these unexpected voices and images are collected through technology, including EVP. Of the many hypotheses designed to explain these phenomena, the Survival Hypothesis has been found to be most effective in answering the evidence.

The Survival Hypothesis holds that we are nonphysical entities who are able to exist in the physical aspect of reality because of our physical body, but that when our physical body dies, we as Self, change our point of view to nonphysical reality. In effect, we exist before and after our current lifetime. The working hypothesis supported by AA-EVP is that these messages are, indeed, nonphysical in origin and that the Survival Hypothesis is essentially correct. It is the goal of AA-EVP and its membership to find ways to improve the reception of these messages and to better understand their origin.

2. Steffz11

Steffz11 Member

Must say, a very interesting post, i've always had thoughts if there was anything in the afterlife, i'll definately have to have a good look through that website! Thanks
  3. smackh2o

smackh2o SF Supporter

My gran has got some of those tapes. I've not listened to them yet.
  4. Entoloma43

Entoloma43 Well-Known Member

Unexpected voices found in recording media equals after death communication? Seems like a stretch to me..

After some further research:

"Electronic voice phenomena (EVP) are sections of static noise on the radio or electronic recording media that are interpreted by paranormal investigators as voices speaking words usually attributed to ghosts or spirits."

"Skeptics of the paranormal attribute the voice-like aspect of the sounds to apophenia (finding of significance or connections between insignificant or unrelated phenomena), auditory pareidolia (interpreting random sounds into voices in their own language which might otherwise sound like random noise to a foreign speaker), artifacts due to low-quality equipment, and simple hoaxes. Likewise some reported EVP can be attributed to radio interference or other well-documented phenomena."

Can read more here:

I can say that the "The Survival Hypothesis" definitly does not sound like the most effective in explaining the evidence. The only evidence is static noise, then they start talking about non-physically entities and all this stuff.

Seems like you would first look for natural explanations and exhaust them completely before jumping to things like the above.
  5. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

This isnt proof of life after death, its just a phenominon leaning towards that basis.

Another theory to these "messages" is that in an area that played host to a significant event, such as a murder or accident, these events use so much energy that it can be imprinted onto the stone around the area and the event is repeated over and over giving the impression that it is a ghost or spirit trying to contact the living world and that the building is "haunted". This can be a simple reading on a electrical measuring instrument to a faint repeating of the image of a person. I think there was an old 80s series based on these theories.
  6. smackh2o

smackh2o SF Supporter

anon hit the nail on the head for me. Energy has been proven that it cannot be destroyed. Therefore, certain energies that are used from our own brains may indeed have massive effects on the surrounding environment. Maybe two people who argue violently in a room, and another person walks into that room 5 minutes later, would be able to feel something?

This said, as I guess none of it is proven, I reckon these readings (if they are not a hoax or transmission fault on the frequency) could be echos of energy picked up by magnetic recording devices. So it might not prove life after death but rather that there was life there.

What the EVP researchers need is a clear tape that tells us something unexpected that doesn't seem like a historical event, if indeed EVP is real.
  7. ItThing

ItThing Well-Known Member

H2osmack, the second law of thermodynamics is against the idea of energy entity thingies. I just had to call you on that one, but I'm intrigued in this idea in general. Just a question though. How do we know its human voices? How do we know this proves the survival theory? Tell me more please? In what circumstances do you hear the voices?
  8. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

It's all an assumption.... Don't always believe everything you see or hear.
  9. forseer

forseer Active Member

Can anyone really prove that? Premonitions are against the laws of physics but they happen. I am a lucid dreamer. Sometimes I look at the clock in the morning, it says 7:00am and have a lucid dream, wake up, the clock says 7:10am. Trouble is: I experienced 30 minutes in the dream. Being a proper lucid dream, you experience time as you do in waking life. So if I was there for 30 minutes and only 10 minutes had passed in 'waking life' then my 'soul' was somewhere else. No other explanation. You could say that the lucid dream is that afterlife.

Thats why I'm not dismissing EVP, because only god has the true knowledge.
  10. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

forseer, the easy explanation is you aren't experiencing time in the normal manner in your lucid dreams.
  11. forseer

forseer Active Member

You would think. But I have concentrated in those lucid dreams and technically I have been in there for a long length of time and can remember the events. But that only happens in what I call a proper lucid dream.
  12. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

Back to EVP, I think its probably BS. Is any random sequence, that happens to be meaningful, a message manipulated by the dead? Is EVP only the messages that are meaningful? Or does it include all random signals received?
  13. Spikey

Spikey Senior Member

I've always been interested in EVP. Who honestly knows what it's all about? Until I myself make a recording of it that I know hasnt been tampered with in any way shape or form, then I stand on the neutral ground. I however, do believe in the afterlife, and that whilst our physical bodies die, something remains of us. Spirit, or whatever, something remains... too many strange goings ons in my house to explain it otherwise!!

14. forseer

forseer Active Member

With EVP its just another example of looking for meaning and signs of life after death.

If EVP is true that would rule out re-incarnation (If you can't recall your past lives without hypnotism, then how can you recall you one you have now? You wont when you get reincarnated.)

But if you just cease to exist then you can not have been alive. You just can't do that, time doesn't work that way. You may not have existed once but once you have existed...... someones in a matrix.
  15. smackh2o

smackh2o SF Supporter

I once had a dream that everytime we died we were reborn in another dimension and left the other one behind except for a little bit, which is why we kept seeing or hearing strange things. And that the people in the other dimension kept being able to hear us too. So we were like thinking each other were ghosts. Now I know that sounds absurd, but it would make a brilliant movie :)

Sorry, just felt like adding that...
  16. forseer

forseer Active Member

Wasn't that 'Latent Image'? - a film where they made equipment to discover remnants of the dead? Its like EVP. They are in the process of developing nanotechnology which would in time detect anything like this, so you could scrap the tape recorders and find out once and for all if ghosts exist.
  17. forseer

forseer Active Member

Sorry I misread. Its not like that movie I mentioned. I think thats a brilliant concept for a book or a movie you describe there. It sounds quite Twilight Zone-ish.

I remember seeing a programme once were someone was possessed and a tape recording had been made during an exorcism. The sounds on the tape was quiet random static apart from what sounded clearly like something screaming which was recorded on the tape at the same time the priest said the word 'Christ'. They believed it was the demon reeling from the exorcism.
  18. smackh2o

smackh2o SF Supporter

Pretty scary stuff some of it ain't it!

I watched the film White Noise. That was all about EVP. Not very belivable but it was still a pretty cool movie.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.