Ex says she has "something to tell me"?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by SAVE_ME, May 1, 2009.

1. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

Hello everyone. Been a while but I took a bit of time out from the internet for a few months to try and sort my head out and everything. Anyway, I was on MSN this evening and my ex just so happened to be online too. Anyway, we chatted for a while and then I told her I had to go. Before I went, she appeared to be typing something, but was hesitating from posting it. She then said she's going to write me a letter sometime next week because she doesn't know the right way to say it.

Anyway....lol....this is kinda keeping me up now.....I'm just so nervous about what this thing is she has to tell me. Damn, it's times like these I wish I had the power of telekinesis so I knew what other people were thinking lol.

:blue:

2. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

....it's good to see you :smile:

re what you posted about your ex, and the ominous sounding ''i've got something to tell you'" omg i hate it when people do me that way.

from my experience it's either REALLY good, or soooooooo bad you could freak.

it's never neutral.

as a result of having crap like that dropped on me a few times, i now try to word carefully such baiting remarks. . . .

this just reinforces that personal goal.

as for you - and the situation - keep us posted on what happens. make a date for coffee ((or msn if ex is far away?? :unsure:)) and bring it up - or wait and see.
    pm me if you want to talk about it
    wishing you the best xxx

3. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

yikes think she might be pregnant?
    or maybe she just wants back with you

good luck my friend :hug:

4. SAVE_ME

Could be.....even if she does want to get back together, I'm unsure how to react to be honest. A few months ago I would've jumped for the chance, but after having some time away from her to clear my head, I'm not 100% sure that would be the best thing for me right now. For one, it's long distance, and we've never met, so would I rather take a chance on her again or seek out a closer relationship? I dunno. I'll be moving into the halls of residence this September and restarting my course, so it's basically a fresh new start, and I'm not sure I want an online relationship bogging me down again. This should be a time for me to go off and meet new people etc.Not only that, but I don't really wanna get hurt again, and the last time we split we very nearly f*'d up our friendship in the process. I've only just recovered really, so if I take her back and she goes and does the same thing again, I'll be right back at square 1.

On the other hand, deep down I'm always gonna have this soft spot for her, so you could understand why I feel as though I'm being pulled in two different directions. It's like my heart's saying one thing while my head's saying another. First thing's first though, I'm gonna wait til I get this letter. I don't wanna assume anything, so I think I'll just wait to see what it is she has to tell me first. If.....IF it is what I think it is, then I'm gonna have a really tough decision to make over the next couple of weeks, but whatever happens I'll keep you all posted. Thanks.

5. Belladonna

Belladonna Well-Known Member

I think you are being so healthy in everything you say! I absolutely hate when someone says something like, we need to talk. The dread/anticipation is hard. I love the way you are handling this.

6. SAVE_ME

Well, I got the message via Facebook today. She couldn't wait to tell me. She says she thinks she made a big mistake in breaking up with me. She was just pissed about me complaining and being depressed all the time before when we were 'dating'. Anyway she says she's up for giving things another try, if I am. She also says she'll understand if I just want to remain 'friends'. So there it is. Don't get me wrong, I'm....well, I'm speechless to say the least....I wished for this for so long. But I'm not gonna go diving in blindly. I need to really think about this. If I take her back, I don't wanna get hurt again, but if I reject her, well, I don't wanna be regretting that decision later. Again, I'll keep you all updated as to what I decide to do.

Later.

7. Colourful

Colourful Well-Known Member

Well, I'm glad to hear it's not something terrible. But it is a good idea to think this through before making a decision. Something you have to make on your own.
    Let us know what you come to.

8. SAVE_ME

I can't decide just yet. Ugh!! :mad:

I asked her if I could have a little time to think things over. This just isn't something I wanna dive into blindly and then end up getting hurt again and go all the way back to square one. I've come on leaps and bounds in the past few months and I just don't wanna end up getting my heart broken all over again. But I do still kinda have feelings for her, so I dunno.

Anyway, I hope she at least grants me a little time to think about it. It just isn't something I can say 'yes' or 'no' to right away.

9. Ed.

Ed. Well-Known Member

My past experiences have taught me that once it is over, it is over.