"Exciting" Day Yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morigna

The school I work at decided to have a lockdown drill without giving the teachers a heads up, so when they came on the loudspeakers and said, "Teachers, enter lockdown immidiately" I thought it was real. I barricaded the door, passed out heavy things to throw if they got in anyways, and briefed them on possible evacuation routes if we got information that the danger was on the other side of campus. A few minutes of trying to shush my riled up students later, they came on the announcements to tell us "The lockdown has ended." They never gave us an official statement that it was a drill. I learned later by word of mouth. One of my students snapped me building a barricade and I'm now Snapchat famous among the student body.

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
Glad to hear that it was only a drill...I admire all who are teachers and now have to face lockdowns...can't imagine trying to stay calm and keep the kids calm all at the same time not knowing what's going on....kudos to you for being Snapchat famous for your barricade building skills :)

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Well done for being brave and getting through it, people like you are to be admired. I would have freaked the bean and lost it. Fair play & of course glad it was only a drill.

Sunday16

SF Supporter
Lockdown drills are nerve wracking, I also taught for a few years. Congrats on getting through it and showing the kids that it's important to take such a situation seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00