Exercise club

Sassy Cat

SF hugger
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I managed a little 5k before the downpours and 80MPH winds (allegedly) arrive. Also put my bins on their sides in a pattern to keep the lids shut and the bins from flying all over the place. My version of battening down the hatches.

Discovered my problems of late may be a food intolerance. At new year I stopped buying potato chips and decided to be healthier so I bought plain crackerbread. It was then the problems started. I had similar problems with white bread until I cut it out, but it's confusing and took me a while to figure it out, as I can eat other gluten containing products without issue - maybe something to do with the way it's processed, but every time I've eaten those crackers I feel wrong inside within about 12 hours - stopped eating them and the weird sensations and pains went away (I even had pains in my feet and arms at one point!). Time will tell! I'm keeping a food diary to identify any other culprits, but I had no inner discomfort on my run today, which is a good sign!
I am so glad you figured it out and stopped eating them hopefully you can figure out all of your triggers for issues by keeping the food diary *hug

AvidFan

Retired Cat Staff
SF Supporter
Phew, just did 4.5 miles run and a lot of it was hills. According to my watch I should be dead as I was at max heart rate for half of it πŸ˜‚ Didn't feel that bad! Longest and best run of 2024 so far, happy with it, now see how the body responds!!

AvidFan

Retired Cat Staff
SF Supporter
2nd 4+ mile run this week, 4.2 with some hills. Enjoyable and my heart rate didn't max out this time. Start off with knee niggle that went away, then plagued by small toenail jagging into the toe next to it. Time for a trim πŸ˜‚

AvidFan

Retired Cat Staff
SF Supporter
Good strong 4 mile run. Best run in ages. Even though I slipped up with the pizza last night and had some discomfort, the overall changes in my diet seem to be paying off. I was noticeably faster and struggled less than I have in the past 2 years (that's an exaggeration, but for the last 3-4 months my average pace has been 12:30-13 minutes per mile, today I averaged 11.59 per mile and that was included some steep hills). No niggles or twinges. Weight loss is probably helping too after cutting out crisps and chocolate bars πŸ˜ƒ

AvidFan

Retired Cat Staff
SF Supporter
Ran a quicker 3 miles - well, the first mile was quicker, the second mile was up a bloody big hill so I slowed down, and I got slower on the last mile, heart rate was a bit maxed out so no wonder. Another one in the tank!

AvidFan

Retired Cat Staff
SF Supporter
it was so cold this morning brr

I miss hills, there aren't any around here. I know it's weird but I like running hills even though they're hard. Well done @AvidFan
I've been lucky - I live on the head of a valley, though it's so big and covered in urban sprawl that it doesn't feel like a valley - but it's good because I can run all the way down to river level and then back up, or up and down at various different points. When I used to live in the foothills of Snowdonia, it was the other way round - run all the way up a mountain then coast down. Now those were PROPER hills 🀯

AvidFan

Retired Cat Staff
SF Supporter
Very enjoyable long run of 5.6 miles. Longest I've run since I did the race last May (the next one is now not far off this May!!). Kept my pace slow and heart rate under 150 and didn't struggle, so I guess you could call it easy pace. Something's definitely working better!

seabird

meandering home
SF Supporter
foothills of Snowdonia,
oh yes. Must've been gorgeous.
Plus it's a thing isn't it - to go up and up and then home is downhill. Though, it is surprising how the legs take a pounding from running downhhill. I'm checking out a new route in a few minutes. :)

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$60.00
Goal
$255.00