Exercise club

seabird

meandering home
SF Supporter
That's good, @Pebble mouse . Enjoy the storm from indoors. Stormy skies can be cool to watch.

@AvidFan lol
Err, I dunno if it is interesting; irl me plodding along for the daily run or workout, & a slightly longler and longer run each weekend. πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ Though, thank you, it helps to put updates here from tine to time 😊

AvidFan

Retired Cat Staff
SF Supporter
That's good, @Pebble mouse . Enjoy the storm from indoors. Stormy skies can be cool to watch.

@AvidFan lol
Err, I dunno if it is interesting; irl me plodding along for the daily run or workout, & a slightly longler and longer run each weekend. πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ Though, thank you, it helps to put updates here from tine to time 😊
I love watching people persevere and make progress, no matter the amount of progress. I smile whenever I see you've done another run. It also means a lot to me to share my runs here πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈ

AvidFan

Retired Cat Staff
SF Supporter
Phew, 8.1 miles in warmer, sunny weather. Bit of a breeze which was nice. Ran same route as last Sunday and felt a lot easier going out. Odd that my watch measures 4 miles going out, I run exactly the same route back, to the same spot, yet on the way back I have to run some extra as the watch only measures 3.5 miles on the return journey πŸ€” Had a few niggles but nothing I couldn't live with. Nearly got killed by youths illegally using the wood paths as motorbike scrambling routes 😑

AvidFan

Retired Cat Staff
SF Supporter
Just did a little 5k after a shit day and my online meeting. Felt a bit better. Bumped into a bloke who invited me to a local group run on Fridays. Can't go this week as I'll be at the office but maybe one time when I am free!

AvidFan

Retired Cat Staff
SF Supporter
Just did my normal route, out to the edge of the city and back, went a little further out and checked out emergency bus stops in case I break down! On the way back I was at 8.3 miles but I kept running around the block and eventually crossed the 9 mile mark 😱 That is literally the longest run since I moved back from the Welsh mountains when I was regularly doing 10 mile runs up and down the slopes. Last 10 mile run was 2018, have wondered if I'd ever get in regular long runs again with all my challenges but this one rewarded all my efforts. Most enjoyable πŸ˜„

seabird

meandering home
SF Supporter
! wow good for you @AvidFan . I'd love to be at that level of distance. My long runs are still in the 4 to 5 mile range. I used to hike for many miles in Montana, but that was walking pace. Are you training for a specific race or event distance? I was wondering if your feet and legs feel that city running on the concrete and tarmac is harsher than the dirt tracks? I ask because it's definitely hard on mine. hmm I might buy new shoes, again.

AvidFan

Retired Cat Staff
SF Supporter
! wow good for you @AvidFan . I'd love to be at that level of distance. My long runs are still in the 4 to 5 mile range. I used to hike for many miles in Montana, but that was walking pace. Are you training for a specific race or event distance? I was wondering if your feet and legs feel that city running on the concrete and tarmac is harsher than the dirt tracks? I ask because it's definitely hard on mine. hmm I might buy new shoes, again.
I've not noticed a lot of difference but I'm sure there is. I've done a race a couple of times where it starts and ends on an athletics track. The feeling coming off the city roads and on to the track is like suddenly running on a bed of feathers, and makes you realise just how hard the concrete is! Most of my run today was on woodland paths, so it was quite nice.

I do have a race at the end of May, a 10k, I'm not aiming for a time, I'm aiming to improve on most previous years lately where I start off too quick, and end up falling over the line. I'm hoping the long runs will ensure I have enough in the tank to get me round and feel strong in the second 5k! We'll see! Also I just really enjoy the long runs, they're as good as meditation so I hope I can continue with them 🀞

AvidFan

Retired Cat Staff
SF Supporter
I smashed it today. 5 faster miles. Set off at a decent trot, kept waiting for my lungs to start screaming and to start struggling but it didn't happen, I ran the second mile quicker, and then the 3rd mile quicker still, even though it was up a steep hill. Some guy on a bike was inching up the hill and didn't know what happened when I blew past him, I matched my all time PB on the hill and then ran the next mile faster again (10.37 minutes). Fastest and fittest I have felt in a long time, no doubt down to all the lovely long runs I've been getting in. Firing on all cylinders today!

It wasn't without incident, I had to dodge an ambulance backing out of a lane, then the stoned bloke on the bike nearly wobbled into me, then I was going really fast and there was this bloke with a pair of dogs ahead of me, the dogs were on the grass verge and he was looking my way. Or so I thought, as when I was about a foot away he set off in the same direction as me and pulled both dogs right into my path. I only just managed to stop in time and yelled some obscenity, I think I upset the poor soul but if I'd hit there'd have been one dead dog and I'd probably have taken out the bloke as well. Not to mention my own injuries. Then there were 3 women 3 abreast on the pavement, no room at all, they could see me coming and none thought to move out of the way. One of these days I'm going to smash into someone on their phone or in a world of their own. Maybe I should get a bell and wear it around my neck πŸ˜„

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$110.00
Goal
$255.00