Exercise/Diet Support Group

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by Tim., Apr 22, 2012.

1. Tim.

Tim. SF Emoti-King

I'm getting back into exercising regularly. To increase the likelihood of me being successful in reaching some of my goals, I thought it would be helpful to look for some sources of external motivation.

What I am thinking of is essentially another person or small group of people that will meet with me online regularly to review our fitness and/or diet goals and how we are doing. The people in the group do not have to be doing the same thing - everyone at their own pace. But they do have to commit to meeting online regularly for at least two months, making specific goals related to health/fitness, and holding each other accountable.

I'm asking that if you are seriously interested that you contact me via PM on this site. I'm going to assume that if you reply in this thread but don't PM me (doing both is fine), that either you are offering support but are not interested or you are not interested enough to read the entire post. I'm not sure that anyone will be interested, but in the event several are it may be necessary to exclude some people (who may then form their own group if desired).

On a related matter and open to anyone, if you have any good ideas for external sources of motivation, please share them. It would be great to get some other ideas.

Thanks everyone that took the time to read this!

2. ThornThatNeverHeals

ThornThatNeverHeals Well-Known Member

just a thought you might make a small social group with invitation only for this. i might be intrested then, though i dont do goals, i am hapy to be of support and offer ideas.
    just some of my thoughts. talkt o ya about it later, and see ya around

thorn.

3. Tim.

Tim. SF Emoti-King

Thanks, Thorn.

I've used the groups before and I may end up making one to use the features for this. Assuming anyone is interested, which may be a big assumption.

4. ThornThatNeverHeals

ThornThatNeverHeals Well-Known Member

id be happy to be a more support of a member, though during the summer, i would love support to keep up on my excersize routines and talk to my races about :) anyway, im open, and of course for meetings too. Just have to make sure that we understand what everyone wants out of it before anyone commits.