Exhausted

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by whybother?, Nov 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whybother?

whybother? Well-Known Member

im unsure if this the rite place to make a thread..

anyway im totally and utterly exhausted i have on average 3-4 hours sleep, interupted sleep aswell i wake up like every hour for no reason i just wake up :dry: , today i was in BHS (supermarket type of thing) with my sister and we was in the cafe part of it and i actually fell asleep on one of the tables, i feel very tired right now but soon as i goto bed i'll just lay there thinking how shit my life is and end up feeling worse than i did before

any1 give me any advice how to get uninterupted sleep or how to get to sleep faster? ive tried hot milk before goin to sleep and reading a book, neither of them help... I JUST WANT A GOOD NITES SLEEP!! :mad:

2. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Exercising two or three hours before bed works wonders.

Read a really boring book. A treatise on economics or Hobbes Leviathan works wonders!

Dreamscape exercise:

Lie down in your bed. And then consciously make your mind remember images of the day. It's fake sleep and usually tricks your brain into passing out. No narrative, no logic, just remember what the pile of mail looked like today, or what the dishes in the dish rack look like. Invest tons of energy into this. Have a manic session. You'll exhaust yourself.

Read a stream of conscious fiction like Faulkner or Joyce.

Have a nightcap...not too much alcohol is an insomniac.

3. PeaceBlueFire

PeaceBlueFire Well-Known Member

I have found that writing before bed helps me. For some reason getting my thoughts written on paper makes me stop thinking about that particular problem and makes it more manageable somehow.

I have also resorted to playing the radio or a CD at night before I try to sleep and that seems to distract me enough to fall asleep part of the time.

Talking may also help or going for a walk before bed, as well as drawing or something else that you enjoy but is equally distracting.

Also if this is a constant problem and has been happening for a long time I would suggest seeing a doctor about it.

I hope you find something that works for you so you can get a good night's sleep soon.

All the best! Peace :)

4. whybother?

whybother? Well-Known Member

thank you all for ur suggestions i will deffo try them out and tell u if anything has worked :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.