exhausted

Status
Not open for further replies.
im so tired. not as in needing sleep kind of tired. just exhausted. shattered. my mind and body feel like they have gone on vacation. im trying to keep up with everything and im doing everything just as well as normal but i feel like im almost on autopilot. is this normal :unsure: im not feeling down particularly - i just feel tired :s

Sadeyes

Staff Alumni
You have a new baby and a new life...just that alone is exhausting..can you take some time for yourself to rest or to just chill? Much caring, J

icequeen

sparkle, yes its normal, you are under a lot of pressure with a new baby and life and its only natural that is going to affect how you behave, a lot of adjustment has to be made. it might be worth talking to your doc in case you are heading for PND, but dont beat yourself up, i am constantly exhausted without being tired...stress and anxiety can do this, but again i say, discuss with your doc, dont suffer. try and find time to have a long soak in a nice warm bath, play your favourite music and even indulge in a glass of wine, when baby is in bed...just chill. you deserve it. :hug:

thankyou sadeyes and icequeen :hug: i don't like to sound like i am whinging when i know i am so lucky to have my little baby and husband. i will try to think around ways to just take some time out for myself every now and again... you are both right - i need it. that doesn't make me a bad mother does it :unsure:

Stranger1

Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend
Hey"E" I didn't know you had a baby... Congradulations..It sounds like you have your hands full and need some much needed rest.. Does your husband help out??? Maybe you should work something out with him where you can take off for three or four hours and just have some alone time.. Go to a movie or somkething..

Thanks joseph!yes - husband helps out as and when he is able - he is working all day and tired in the evenings but does do his best to do what he can especially at weekends. ive felt a little better this evening. baby had a bottle instead of her normal feed, i had a nice pint of lager followed by a hot bath! was very relaxing and made me feel much better! must make a habit of this..... :unsure: just feel ever so slightly guilty still though :dry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00