Exhausting my options

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by EYZ, Mar 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EYZ

EYZ New Member

So I've had crippling depression for a while now and it's pretty much at the point where day dreaming about suicide is the only thing that provides a brief respite from the pain. I'm actually lucky in terms of friends and family. Not so lucky when it comes to health. I'm fairly young but my health is pretty shitty and deteriorating rapidly. I'm simply at the point where I can't realistically see a future for myself-not a decent one at least. I'm a straight edge atheist. Anyways I figured I should exhaust every option before I kill myself (hence my posting here). Anyways I appreciate everyone's replies and views on the situation. Thank You

2. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

What is wrong with your health and what is causing you pain? What would be a decent future - if you felt you could have one, what would that look like for you? I am glad that you found us - keep talking to us *hugs*

3. EYZ

EYZ New Member

Well firstly (being the narcissist that I am) want to reassure you kind Internet strangers that nothing is imminent. I plan on leaving my family with something substantial before I checkout (couldn't think of a better euphemism sorry).

I actually have a number of seemingly unrelated health problems. I have small fiber neuropathy, gout, TBD breathing problems (the spirometry shows there's something wrong the doctor just doesn't know what), I've just had back surgery for a herniated disc (my back is already hurting again meaning the doctors likely screwed something up), and worst of all is (as many of you can probably imagine) the crippling depression. I'm in my early 20s btw.

A decent future for me consists of a family and a career. I've just graduated with my bachelors but I've also quit my job and I'm not sure I'm competent or capable enough to do anything at this point because of my health.

I appreciate everyone's replies btw. freya specifically because yours is the only one I saw when I started writing my reply.

4. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

I am sorry to hear about your health issues, it's no fun being sick and living with chronic pains when you're young. I know what it's like, and I know how it can feel like the end of the world.
    But it doesn't have to be.

have you exhausted all treatment possibilities? All ways to relieve pain? Have you tried acupuncture? I had a lot of help from that myself. Have you had MRi scans? Don't give up just yet.
    You can still live a good life despite of all of this. Perhaps you can't work but you can fill your life with other things; you can explore some interests, have hobbies, and you can get a loving family. You being ill and having pains doesn't stop that.

Are you getting any therapy to help you deal with the depression and how to deal with your illnesses? You could truly benefit from that!

*hugs* I'm happy you came here, I truly hope you can find the help you need!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.