Expecting Relief

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by notmyyear, Apr 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notmyyear

notmyyear Member

I've been thinking about taking my own life for a while now and I always looked forward to the day I decided to do it. I thought that once I had committed nothing else would matter and the remaining (short) life would be care-free.

But now I'm not sure about that. I feel like there will always be part of me that doesn't want to die and I won't ever feel that relief, which is even more depressing. I just wish there was a way that I could convince myself that I'd actually do it so I could finally feel relief. Maybe with that burden off of my shoulders I'd consider living.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Hi Dan, welcome to the forum. I can relate to much of your post. I used to feel that way. meds and therapy changed that... are you seeking any professional help?

3. notmyyear

notmyyear Member

I've been taking zoloft for a while now with no real results. I was seeing a counselor a few months ago, but recently moved and haven't started a new one. Thanks for the reply, nice to know someone will listen.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Can you talk to your doctor about possibly changing your meds?

5. notmyyear

notmyyear Member

Well, I recently had a dosage increase and they always say it takes time to work, I'm just becoming impatient I guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.