Expecting Relief

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by notmyyear, Apr 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notmyyear

notmyyear Member

I've been thinking about taking my own life for a while now and I always looked forward to the day I decided to do it. I thought that once I had committed nothing else would matter and the remaining (short) life would be care-free.

But now I'm not sure about that. I feel like there will always be part of me that doesn't want to die and I won't ever feel that relief, which is even more depressing. I just wish there was a way that I could convince myself that I'd actually do it so I could finally feel relief. Maybe with that burden off of my shoulders I'd consider living.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Dan, welcome to the forum. I can relate to much of your post. I used to feel that way. meds and therapy changed that... are you seeking any professional help?

3. notmyyear

notmyyear Member

I've been taking zoloft for a while now with no real results. I was seeing a counselor a few months ago, but recently moved and haven't started a new one. Thanks for the reply, nice to know someone will listen.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Can you talk to your doctor about possibly changing your meds?

5. notmyyear

notmyyear Member

Well, I recently had a dosage increase and they always say it takes time to work, I'm just becoming impatient I guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.