• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Expecting Relief

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking about taking my own life for a while now and I always looked forward to the day I decided to do it. I thought that once I had committed nothing else would matter and the remaining (short) life would be care-free.

But now I'm not sure about that. I feel like there will always be part of me that doesn't want to die and I won't ever feel that relief, which is even more depressing. I just wish there was a way that I could convince myself that I'd actually do it so I could finally feel relief. Maybe with that burden off of my shoulders I'd consider living.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi Dan, welcome to the forum. I can relate to much of your post. I used to feel that way. meds and therapy changed that... are you seeking any professional help?

I've been taking zoloft for a while now with no real results. I was seeing a counselor a few months ago, but recently moved and haven't started a new one. Thanks for the reply, nice to know someone will listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$30.00
Goal
$255.00