experiences with psychiatrists

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by meagainstme, May 15, 2007.

1. meagainstme

meagainstme Well-Known Member

the first time i went to a psychiatrist [not that i wanted to] i hated her. i thought she was so insensitive. pushing me and twisting my words whilst i sat and cried.

so i stopped going
    and told my GP i would see a diff one

however, i got send to the same woman again. and she didnt even look at me for the whole session. and again was so insensitive. she sat there writing away about me with a big pile of other ppls files. i am just another psycho to her. i reached a point when i felt i didnt want to open up anymore and actually had nothing else to say to her, and so i didnt. i just kept saying 'i dont know' etc. she just wasnt worth my time.

whats your experiences with them?
  2. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

The first psychiatrist I saw I couldn't stand him, I never went back. The next psychiatrist, my current one, I just felt like she listened to me. She was patient and didn't force me to talk about things, but when something came up she was good at getting me through and helping me get my thoughts out.
  3. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

Trapped, you awake too :eek:hmy:

I've been really fortunate with psychiatrists. When I was with the CAMHS team and I was an inpatient, I met the psychiatrist(s) twice a week and sometimes I'd have to remind myself that they were professionals rather than friends. :laugh:

Sorry if that doesn't make sense. Sorry.
  4. meagainstme

meagainstme Well-Known Member

i really just cant be arsed with them
  5. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

I always get the impression that the mental health professionals sit thinking, ''such a shame to lose your mind at such a young age''.