Explanation for depression

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by lifeisashedog, Jul 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lifeisashedog

lifeisashedog Well-Known Member

I just watched a documentary about bears. It seem that bears before the winter crawl into caves and sleep until spring. Perhaps the depression is a human version of this "hibernating istinct"

"Hard times are coming. Let's sleep it over."
  2. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Interesting theory.
    But then again not everybody wants to hibernate and shut themselves away when they are depressed, some people find it helps to keep busy.
  3. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

I could sleep 24/7 if possible. I love to sleep. It's the best escape from living I've found yet. And it sure beats drinking...
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Lately sleep is all i can do don't know if its the meds or what but i agree it is the only excape that is visible at the moment it is better than doing another thing right now but god knows in time what will be.
  5. plates

plates Well-Known Member

sleep is the best medication. i need to get through the proper cycle sleep to wake up feeling good- meaning i need to dream. i can't have a surface, fitful sleep with no dreaming or with lucid dreaming (when you're half awake half asleep). i wake up feeling shit, like my head is gonna explode, i feel angry, irritable and know i need to sleep again.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.