Expressing suicidal thoughts

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by GA_lost, Jun 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GA_lost

GA_lost Well-Known Member

Within the past two weeks, I have met someone here who was in the midst of an attempt, had a friend on another forum who was very suicidal, and to top it off last night a different person from a another forum made a strong suicidal statement. I feel very drained now. Beginning to wonder if I am jinxed. Finding someone here who is suicidal is expected; on a forum dedicated to another topic twice in one week is scary. Came close to being extremely depressed again. If I were to become suicidal again, I am not sure anymore if I would tell anyone.

2. shades

shades Staff Alumni

But we are here to help if possible. You should let us know. Sorry you've been through so much.

Mike

3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

You shouldn't let someone elses statements affect you in a negative way.. You aren't responsible for them.. If they are suicidal you can be supportive in a positive way, but that is as far as you should let it go..Everyone has choices in life you can't control what someone else is thinking..It sounds as though it is affecting you..You say you don't know them personally and met them on forums..Maybe you should distance yourself from them if it is going to drag you down with them..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.