Extreme sadness and extreme happiness with DXM?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Neverhappyalwayssad, Nov 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neverhappyalwayssad

Neverhappyalwayssad Well-Known Member

Anyone ever tried DXM? There will be some times I'll be at an area where I'm content and possibly even happy when I'm taking it, but other times I'm just in this huge depression, crying at ever song that comes on the radio and I find myself watching some depressing movies and having some sad moments. Now the sad times dont seem to happen more often than the non depressive times. So I was wondering if anyone else has experience with the two variables while on DXM?

2. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Hi there,
    I've been using Dxm for well over 12 years now. Crazy i know. I have developped such high tolerance to it. And became quite mentally dependent of it. There's 5 plateau of "high" with Dxm. And depending how much you use, it can definately affect your mood. I always found Dxm to be more of a "self reflection" drug rather than a trip. And it does really multiply the way you feel by tenfolds. Be it sadness or happiness.
    If you want to talk more about it please message me.

3. i used to dex a lot in my days. Boo is right about multiplying certain feelings. I used to have CEV (Closed Eye Visuals) about anything I felt strongly (ie: ideal situations with gf, etc) about at the moment where I couldn't tell the difference between reality for several hours (6+).

4. allison

allison Well-Known Member

Hell yeah. Most of the time, it's a happy high. But sometimes when I'm feeling down and then I dex, the horrible feelings become even more horrible. It can really fuck with your mind.

5. peacelovingguy

peacelovingguy Well-Known Member

Interesting.

Its like on a list of maybe several hundred drugs - not took them all obviously - but its a drug that's researched enough to not be an unknown quality.

Sure the pure form is available - might be on the research chemical shopping trolleys - which is like thousands of various drugs/chemicals that is growing apace. I avoid these - well - with hundreds of natural drugs - and thousands of safe chemical ones - it seems silly really.

But this DXM - its popular - and I guess if I went back to someone's pad and they said said "look at this" - I guess it would already be consumed and maybe I'd PM'ing you all to say "Hello - I'm addicted to this DXM".

It does have some serotonin re-uptake inhibiting going on I assume?

Well - like any drug - be careful - but like others here I choose my own medication for coping strategies - I'm still alive after 30 years of the blues - or the pitch black darkness with a blue tint - so I'm not wagging my finger at people for using substances.

But - we got to be cautious right? Best not to use them really - if you can - but life's a gamble even if your sober jogging with a gym membership and private health care.

Nobody ever got that healthy that they never died.

Sometimes - drugs - might be a parachute.

Other times - a millstone.

So take care out there!

6. allison

allison Well-Known Member

Yep. "Its mechanism of action is via multiple effects, including actions as a nonselective serotonin reuptake inhibitor"-Wiki

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.