Extremely depressed but I don't wanna kill myself or harm myself.

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Brandon Kwon, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Brandon Kwon

Brandon Kwon Banned Member

I just feel like what's the point in even trying to be happy? I'm never truly going to be happy. Everything I do turns to shit in my hands. I look for advice, I get slapped in the face. I find a solution. I hit a fucking wall. I don't wanna kill myself anymore because what's the point? That won't make me happy. I don't wanna harm myself because that's just gonna hurt more, fuck that. I guess I'll be a scrooge my whole life. I'll just be a cynical, bitter, cold, arrogant fuck who's never happy. That's my lot in life and my destiny. I accept it now.
  2. Tear

Tear Active Member

I often think the same about me. I think i'll never be really happy and i'll be alone. I am also afraid I will continue being cold, distant and bitter and no one will want me around.
    I think it;s good you decided not to harm yourself and that you;re aware it won;t bring benefits on long-term.

Maybe you shouldn't give up on happiness / be so sure you'll never be happy, but i understand how it feels, since I think the same about myself.
    Hope you'll feel better.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there, I may not know you well or know what you are going through but I am here to guarantee you that we do care and will be here to listen to you no matter what. Do you have self esteem issues and confidence issues? Therapy might be the best place to start. If you ever need someone to talk to just PM me and I'll be reply asap! Please don't harm yourself. You have made it this far, don't quit now.
  4. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

I am very happy to hear that you do not want to hurt yourself, you've come to some very important realizations. You should celebrate that! I'm proud of you for coming that far.

Don't give up though; try to give life a chance. I know that's easier said than done... but you never know what it might bring you, who you might meet...
    Be kind to yourself. Do things you like, and try to make yourself see the good things... the small things like noticing the sunshine etc...