Extremely fatigued?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by TheLonelyAloePlant, Jul 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheLonelyAloePlant

TheLonelyAloePlant Well-Known Member

I woke up feeling rested, but the longer I stayed awake, the more fatigued I became.

Whenever I get out of bed, just walking to the bathroom is enough to wind me. Yesterday, I was fine. Today, I'm so fatigued I can hardly get out of bed.

I've considered anemia, but I'm not sure.

I also get very short spells where the room seems to spin and my heart pounds like a drum. My head feels like it's being flushed down a toilet. I get confused and disoriented during these spells.

What's wrong with me? D: I feel like... like.. :zombie:
  2. triggs

triggs Account Closed

hey hun :hug: i'm sorry you're feeling like this - i get this too sometimes. have you eaten recently? sometimes sugar levels can get dangerously low if you don't eat for a while and this can keep you awake but make you very tired at the same time, and can also cause your heart to beat really fast if too much energy is used at one time as the heart is trying to rest.
    that's the only explanation i can think of at the moment.. sorry if it's no help. i hope you feel better soon :arms: if not, it would be a good idea to see/ring your doctor :heart:
    triggs xx
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Sounds like you need to see your doctor and get some blood test ordered. Could be anything low iron low blood sugar. thyroid not functioning right. The best thing is to tell your doctor to get some test ordered. If youron new medication t his could be the cause as well. Let us know what turns up okay Take care hope you get feeling better soon.
  4. MeAndYou

MeAndYou Well-Known Member

Yea that sounds like a thyroid issue to me but again no one here can diagnose you properly. See a doctor as soon as possible. Have you been losing hair more than normal?
  5. TheLonelyAloePlant

TheLonelyAloePlant Well-Known Member

I lose hair when I run my hands through it, but it's always been like that.

I got better after having some coffee, but I'm in a foul mood now. It could be because I haven't been doing sports, and I lose energy..
  6. MeAndYou

MeAndYou Well-Known Member

Well honestly i would still seek a doctor in my honest opinion. Its no fun having thyroid issues (believe me i know) and they will be able to diagnose you properly and if you do have an imbalance with anything they'll know what to do. A thyroid imbalance can do anything from rapid/pounding heart beat, extreme fatigue, extreme energy (comes and goes), weight loss or weight gain, hair loss, and even mess with your emotions (or all of the above). Its not fun especially when you dont know exactly what it is thats going on with you. (at least for me).

Best of luck :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.