Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bring-a-smile-to-you

bring-a-smile-to-you Active Member

You know what guys and girls, I'm over it.

I cannot be bothered with this place anymore and the funny thing is, I'm not angry, or upset, or even scared...I'm just done with it all.

What is there worth living for? My family don't really care, they make out they do, but deep down they don't, my best friend isn't who she used to be and she doesn't care about me anymore either, my other 'friends' well...we have a giggle together, but do they really know me? I'm not sure they do, so technically they're not friends with me, but with the person I put on. College is crap, I'm never going to get my dream...so is it worth just living when theres nothing to live for? I think not.

So, Life....I'm over it.

2. CatherineC

CatherineC Staff Alumni

What would you like to live for?
    What are your dreams?
    I'm sorry that you feel the way that you do about the people around you. It would be a wonderful world if we were all surrounded by people who love us just the way that we want them to. Sadly the world isn't like that. The world is full of people and the vast amount of people aren't very good about living up to the expectations of others. They just can't be the person you want them to be. They can only be the person that they are. Just like you can only be the person that you are.
    I don't know your family so I don't know whether they care about you or not. If they don't, then welcome to the club. There are a lot of us out there who had families who didn't care about them. I don't mean that to sound trite, I know exactly where you're coming from. I had a family who said they cared but they didn't really. 30 years on I can see that they didn't actually know how to care. We were all screwed up mentally in one way or another, it was just never mentioned so never got discussed. Perhaps that's whats going on in your life, I don't know. Either way, in the big scheme of things, it doesn't actually matter that much. Life goes on even when you have a crap family. I spent most of my life wishing I had a lovely family and you know what? Eventually I got one. Had to get married and have kids but I've got my lovely family at last.
    You need to look at your relationships with your friends too. Your best friend is bound to change. We all do. It would be very weird and a major problem if she didn't. You may grow together or you may not. Again, in the big scheme of things it doesn't really matter. You'll have lots of best friends over the course of your life and you'll value each and every one of them. You'll also recognise that sometimes people just grow apart and that's fine too.
    Then your 'other friends' - not everyone is meant to be a close confidente. Sometimes we have casual friends whose only function in our lives is for giggling and having a good time. That's okay too. They don't have to know you deeply and you don't have to know them deeply. You should all just giggle and have a good time.
    Sorry to waffle endlessly on this. If nothing else I'm probably boring you to sleep. Hopefully some of it has made sense to you, apologies if it's all rubbish .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.