F***

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by Entity, Dec 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Entity

Entity Well-Known Member

UGHHHHH grrrrr i can't sleep. and if i was to sleep i would just have nightmares anyways. so what's the point it's only 1 am. not too bad. But hey i'm 15 and SHOULD be sleeping right about now. UGH

2. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

Hi, I am sorry to hear your struggle with insomnia. My teens were plagued by chronic insomnia until I bought a book that detailed "sleep hygiene" techniques. Nowadays you can just Google it for free!

My one tip is if you have a table top fan try it tonight. It helps cool you down which promotes deep sleep and blocks out intermittent noises that disrupt sleep. Happy zzzzzz's I hope :smile:.

3. pither

pither Well-Known Member

I'm 17 and it's 2:13 in the morning-

I don't expect I'll sleep much at all- but hell that's just how fucked teenage lives can be.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:hug: Hope you managed to get some sleep!

5. lonercarrot

lonercarrot Well-Known Member

Avoid all carbs 3-4 hours before bed time. Stuff like fruit or sugary things. That can help a lot.

6. tiggersafire

tiggersafire Well-Known Member

Katie don't you have sleep medicine? I thought you did? Well good luck sleeping anyway. Ask your doctor about a sleep clinic that's what my doctor told me to do. They test you to see what is causing your sleep problems and what medicine or techniques would help.

7. bluemummy09

bluemummy09 Member

OMG I was gonna start a thread but you pretty much wrote exactly what I was gonna say word-for-word (except mine would say "I have a baby so I SHOULD be sleeping right about now"

I can't help but be reluctant to go to bed with all the nightmares. I have meds to help me sleep (they're anti-anxiety though rather than sleeping pills as I wasn't allowed them outta hospital) so I read or do puzzles or crap til I literally fall asleep doing them, then hubby wakes up sometime during the night and turns the light off. I know that this is 'bad' and that I should probably do the whole relazing sleep routine and go to bed dopey but awake, but with the nightmares it's just too f**kin scary!

Well here's a :sleepy: from one insomniac to another...although I'm in New Zealand so my late nights is probably your afternoon or something!

8. so.overratedx

so.overratedx Active Member

Eep, I know how that is. I'm seventeen though -- not in school. Which of course, is like a long weekend; Pushing my insomnia even farther. Try not watching TV or going online or anything before you go to bed. Lay down with a good book, or if you don't like to read, right maybe? Something quiet, peaceful, & Not looking at screen. That's worked for me before, except lately my attention span is short I can't stay focused long enough on somethin quiet & peaceful. Hopefully you'll get some sleep soon. :)

9. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

Really? I used to have trouble sleeping in silence so I started using my fan every night and it really worked, as well as cooling me down, so this definately works (to OP). However, only draw back is I now get colds extremely easily, as sleeping with a fan on every night for a year plus I guess has had it's effect on me? I'm not really sure why, but ever since then I can't sleep with the fan on anymore without waking up with a cold. Same goes for going out in the cold/being around AC, etc.; I develop a cold within minutes. :sad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.