Facebook accessibility sucks

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by WildCherry, Jun 10, 2011.

1. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I'm away for the weekend, and I attempted to log into my Facebook account from my Netbook.

Next thing I know, I get a message saying that I've never used this computer to log in before, and I need to fill out a Captcha to verify that it's me.

So I have someone sighted help me with the Captcha, and it then directs me to try and log into Facebook's main site (the main site isn't accessible with speech, so blind or visually impaired people have to use Facebook's mobile site).

Lol so they have an audio Captcha that I can solve on my own, but the next step in reactivating my now-locked Facebook account is that, to prove it's me, I have to match pictures of my contacts with their names.

Not happening, physically impossible, and accessibility with Facebook is a joke.
  2. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

That really sucks.. :( I would help you if I could. :hug: I could help tell you what pics were what. I think though they had some security question instead of pics if u couldn't do that.. I don't remember..
  3. WildCherry

I don't think I had a security question. It kept telling me to go to the main site to fill one out, but since I couldn't use the main site, I was screwed. Kinda annoying that there's no actual way to contact Facebook, like via email or anything.

You might be onto something though, I may have to have someone log into my account and try to match the pics. The only problem is, only about half my contacts are from SF, so you probably wouldn't know a lot of them.
  4. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

You generally only have to know a few.. Also I can always go between my account on my laptop and look at ur page on my desktop and match the contacts :laugh: problem being u have to do it on the computer ur on.. Only way I know to do that is if u use something like skype and use the "show your computer screen" option or something.. and Idk..
  5. WildCherry

Sorry to bump this up, but I have a lot of SF members on my Facebook, just letting them all know I won't be back on FB until I get home, which will probably be several weeks from now (going to visit family after I'm done at the beach). Again, I can't log onto FB from my Netbook even though I tried fixing that when I was home.