Facebook almost makes me cry

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by darkrider, Oct 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkrider

darkrider Well-Known Member

When I look at people's profiles they all have many friends and people posting messages. I see messages saying how great it was to see you last night etc. I feel physically weak after logging out, I feel so alone. All my day consisted of was going to the doctors and walking through the park on my own. If i'm lucky I might watch a movie. This life truely blows. :sad:

2. darkrider

darkrider Well-Known Member

I want to just kill myself now.. I can't take the anguish much longer. I feel tired and cold and it's only afternoon. My body wants to go to sleep but my mind is in so many knots I feel sick.

3. Mr A and the sky pilots

Mr A and the sky pilots Well-Known Member

Hi, Im from England too mate,
    Pm me and il give you my addy to add me on there and we will talk more buddy.

4. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

Hey there. I know exactly how you feel! I DETEST Facebook with a passion! Every time I log in there, people 'liking' other peoples' statuses over the stupidest, most moronic things....don't feel bad....feel sorry for them, cause their lives must truly be empty if they need others to rally around them and tell them "they rock" every time they go to the kitchen to make a freakin' sandwich!

You can PM me if you like, or add me to MSN (addy's in my profile) promise I won't be like all those dipsh*ts on Facebook either and just plain ignore you whilst licking each others' rear ends.

5. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I have mostly relatives on Facebook and some of them post so much stuff everyday that it is overwhelming and drives me nuts trying to find posts from other relatives. :sigh:

6. shades

shades Staff Alumni

I know alot of people from here and some relatives who are becomming depressed about lack of friends on "Facebook". Nobody should judge their self-worth based on this superficial internet fantasy land. Please do not place too much emphasis on who you are based on that.

7. Vangelis

Vangelis Well-Known Member

I can't stand social networking sites anymore, too much drama too many idiots talking about stupidest things, and I realize it's not for me. Most of them are 'schadenfreudists' and take joy in people's suffering while they live the fairy tale life. And funny thing is, the people on Facebook mimic the real people in life...total a-holes.

8. Toki Wartooth Lover

Toki Wartooth Lover Well-Known Member

I know what that's like. Facebook and Myspace. I have both. It may look like I have alot of friends on Facebook, but most of those people are just people that go to my school. I truly only have like.. 4 or 5 friends on there.

9. am I alive

am I alive Well-Known Member

I don't have much ppl on my friends list either. Well, i am not active member there anyway. I just came there to find some old friends(because ive been moving around alot as a child) that i lost contact with. Otherwise i would never created profile there...anways, whoever send me friend request i accept it...

10. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

The cynics view > I predict AA style meetings for Facebook pretty soon, and some extra rounds of psycho analysis to keep the marginalized from toping themselves. What a fantabulous world we live in. The more 'connections' we attempt to make, the more isolated we become.

But some people definately benefit from Facebook. There are those that use it as a tool to organise their social life, and make more frequent real life connections with people than they would otherwise...especially if some of their friends are overseas. I suspect that was the original intent of the site, and for some, it lives up to expectations.

It doesnt work for me though...im one of the 'marginalized' it seems, possibly, of my own making.

11. pongo

pongo Member

I had to delete my facebook account. It wasn't the numbers of friends people had that got to me, it was seeing the majority of people I knew from high school go on to college or successful jobs and always posting pictures with groups of their friends.

I felt so bad about not being able to hold a job and barely being able to go to school part time, let alone my non-existent social life, that I just had to get rid of it.

12. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

Thing is, they even have apps now designed to make you feel bad if you don't have large groups of friends, like "you must pass this on to 54 of your friends, if you get loads of these back it means they love you, if not then you're a loser, see who loves you" - narcissistic bs!! I say we should boycott facebook, myspace, twitter, bebo and all the evil social networking sites! Who's with me? *holds up protest sign*

13. Datura

Datura Well-Known Member

Then stop using it.

14. morfea

morfea Antiquities Friend

You know you can edit your friends and news feeds list, even stop getting news feeds?

I'm on fb because I like meeting people from all over the world, discussing things that interest me, for the first time in my life found people who I can talk to about suicide there, some other issues too, and not at all interested in the number of friends. I guess it all depends what you're expecting from it. I know I spend too much time there, but a month ago it was help to me more than any meds or doctor.

15. Ive only got like 20 friends, it sucks doesnt it

We should all add each other from this forum, would be awesome!

16. ace

ace Well-Known Member

Facebook is also very fake and pretentious,people like to also self promote themselve's with photo's of themselve's feeding on the comment's they get.Facebook can be a very good and bad thing,with me it also trouble's me alot the attractive pictures of people and comments them studying,travelling ,good jobs etc especially with my Bdd and such.For us it would hurt alot because with deoression and what we feel,also keep in mind people write the most stupid an unnecessary thing's on there who really cares if they're having a coffee or are thinking about having a shower.

The friends thing has bothered me alot at times also,but also remember that can be just a number that people will have so many but how many of them do they actually know?.I have a few on there,but do I actually know alot of them?No I don't and even if people say to me you have alot,I say I don't even know most of them and aren't close to many of them either.In any event this is for everybody add me anytime I'll just add my name here it's Steve Scocchia everyone.I don't have many pics on there because I hate myself in photo's,but please add me if you like.

17. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

I use Facebook, and I've got almost 90 "friends". How many of them do I really know? 10-15 maximum... But at least in Sweden, you ad people you once knew but haven't talked to in years, too.

18. SuicideIsTheWrongOption

SuicideIsTheWrongOption Well-Known Member

Wow i thought i was the only one so affected by facebook.

in fact i hate it so much that i've deleted and restored it almost 4 separate times now.

19. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

hi
    i feel the same when i saw all people at facebook saying, doing, laughing togather..and i have nobody...im lonely 2 :'(
    u can add me as friend here & pm me :))

20. lachrymose

lachrymose Account Closed

I use Facebook and I think it is a wonderful tool to keep in touch with people. i think facebook is great especially for people who feel more comfortable texting.
    If i write on someone's wall, i usually get a reply. If you don't send any messages, you won't get any back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.