Facebook question concerning listing relatives

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by thebaronspell, Nov 9, 2011.

1. thebaronspell

thebaronspell Well-Known Member

Want to list my Half Sister as a relative on facebook but I'm unsure if to list her as my Sister or Half Sister? I don't want to offend my Brother who wants nothing to do with her but I don't want to make her feel less of a sibling because she's only really got me. Things are awkward lately we've established that our Father only became interested in her when he lost interest and walked out me, mum, brother and sister for the millionth and final time. She's 5 years older than me and has had a harder life but she's not the sister I've imagined in my head all these years to be.

2. Constantinos

Constantinos Well-Known Member

I think you should do what YOU want, if you feel you want to list her as your Sister just go ahead and do that - if you want to list her as a Half Sister go ahead and do that or if its easier just don't list her at all.

3. thebaronspell

thebaronspell Well-Known Member

I don't want to hurt her feelings by listing her just as my half sister.

4. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

I agree with Constantinos - do what *you* want to. It's only Facebook; if either of them gets upset by such a trivial thing then that's a shame but it's not entirely your problem.
    Personally I'd list her as a half-sister, because that's what she is. Listing her as a full sibling doesn't make it so and won't make her any less lonely.