facebook vs other networking sites

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Nemo, Jan 18, 2011.

?

Facebook vs other social networking sites

1. Facebook Rules!

50.0%
  2. I use a different networking site :)

22.2%
  3. social networking is for losers!

27.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nemo

Nemo Well-Known Member

i personally have a hatred for facebook
    i'm not entirely sure why but i think it stems from the fact that everyone can see what you're talking about and who to, and that a lot of people only go on it so that they can 'stalk' other people which i find a bit strange.

do you like facebook?
    do you have another, preferred social networking site?
    or do you just dislike them all?

:heart:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2011
  2. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

Dont gewt me wrong i love facebook but i also use others such as dontstayin.com

3. Nemo

Nemo Well-Known Member

what's dontstayin.com like?
    sounds like a site that would suggest going out rather than talking over the internet lol x

4. Kaos General

Your right its precisely that, but its designed specifically for what im into and thats music. Its mainly rave music but encompasses all music. Its a proper social network for people to meet up at raves and whatnot

5. Nemo

Nemo Well-Known Member

:O wow, that sounds pretty cool
    legal raves right? coz i'm pretty sure the police are all over the internet finding out about illegal raves and stuff
    i had a party in a park a couple of years ago and they turned up, wasn't particularly fun after that lol
    advertising stuff like that on facebook can be a big mistake anyway, good thing there's a site specially for it :)
    do you DJ or just enjoy the music and atmosphere?

6. Kaos General

I used to MC but now im just in it for the raves. Yeah its all legal raves and no matter where your from its a international site.

There are plenty of illegal raves but they aint advertised on the internet for obvious reasons

7. Nemo

Nemo Well-Known Member

ooh mc
    if only i was cool ha
    :cool:
    that does sound pretty amazing
    i might just take a look actually :) thanks

8. gakky1

gakky1 Well-Known Member

social networking is for losers!

Sure is, don't understand what the point behind it is, if anything it's an anti-social site, just keep saying fluffy things to "meet' plastic friends, no thanks, not for me, don't know why others waste their time on it.:eek:hmy:

9. Kaos General

So 500 million people who use facebook are all losers? wow

10. Nemo

Nemo Well-Known Member

that's what i thought
    especially when you're just talking to the same people you talk to IRL anyway
    why don't just just call each other or meet up if you can? simples

11. gakky1

gakky1 Well-Known Member

It's really not 500 million, you can log on for one second and never again and you're considered one of the 500 million. Loser is probably not a good word but no other option, just don't know what people expect to get out of it, probably mainly for ones who can't think of original things to do on the 'net and need to go there to hit their fluff quota for the day.:grr:

12. Kaos General

I see you use MSN, you do realise thats also classed as a social network dont you?

13. gakky1

gakky1 Well-Known Member

Not sure what I use is MSN, it's a hotmail account, only reason I got an account was to have a second e-mail address, needed a second PhotoBucket account due to them having storage limits,:mhmm: plus have 2 YouTube sites, also needed a different e-mail address. Never once have gone into MSN, have an idea what it is but not sure though have a good idea I'm missing nothing.:yay:

14. Kaos General

Basically the definition of a social network is a place where you can interact with other web users such as here, blogs, any IM, etc.

15. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

People have seemed to forgotten that they can make a phone call. And then use their mouths to make words. We know this as 'speaking'. Not many people speak these days. Only texting, and typing. But I guess look who's talking, LOL.

SF is the best social networking site, imo.

:rolleyes:

16. gakky1

gakky1 Well-Known Member

^^ Few good points there, guess (to me) the definition of a good networking site is like here or a few others I go to. Sites that you can have some meaningful 'conversations', share ideas, pictures, videos, help one another out, plus where you don't have to agree with each other.:cool: Realize my views are a bit different, I'd rather participate in meaningful things, wasting one's time just posting a lot of fluff and cliches so others will 'like' you seems to be such a waste of time.:rolleyes:

17. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

Facebook has it's uses. I only recently got it, and to be honest, I mainly use it for party invites more than anything else! Though I also find it helpful for keeping in touch with friends I have made in various adventures interstate and overseas, as it would be otherwise near impossible to keep in contact.

18. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

Facebook is going to take over the world guys. Learn it, love it. USE IT! Because it's not going ANYWHERE. Mark Zuckerberg once said in an article that he wanted Facebook to be so massive so that you can log onto ANY forum with your facebook ID so you won't have gazillions of aliases anymore. That's a great idea.. but the only issue is privacy, such as for here... I'm sure they will come up with an option for privacy.

19. Nemo

Nemo Well-Known Member

i suppose i didn't consider SF to be a social networking site, more a support site, but it has its uses and can be very social. i do use facebook, i just hate that it has come to that because everyone spends all of their time on it instead of actually doing something. seems a tad ridiculous to me.
    each to their own tho :) not trying to offend anyone x

20. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

The day 51% of people or more have a facebook account will be the day society starts to fold back in on itself. You can't have a society if everyones on the internet. I'm waiting for the time when someone decides to slip in a virus somewhere...'omg my computa is fucked!' lol. And as long as the majority of the world lives in poverty I doubt they'll even have a working computer let alone internet access.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.