Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by cc1990, Feb 3, 2012.

1. cc1990

cc1990 Well-Known Member

I hate facebook, it's nothing but a site for people to go to complain about their perfect lives and their petty little meaningless problems. They always put pictures of them and their friends on there and I get angry at myself and it makes me feel like shit because I can't do anything that they get to. It just makes me feel worse about myself. I'm so stupid. :(
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I deleted my facebook account i found it so annoying actually as well.
  3. xsomewhatdamagedx

xsomewhatdamagedx Well-Known Member

i currently have two people trying to pick a fight with me on facebook which is getting on my last nerve to be honest
  4. Growing Pains

Growing Pains Well-Known Member

Block and delete, that's what I always do.

I find ignoring Facebook for a while often helps. I've not deleted mine, but only because I use it to connect with family as my cell phone rarely ever has minutes. But I do often ignore it. Because it's a big trigger for me, as well.
  5. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Oh I know how that is. Then if I post about serious problems, they offer trite little sayings...they don't really take the time to listen. That's why I post here instead, because people actually listen and care.
  6. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

I actually like facebook. I maybe use it one a week. Good way to keep in touch with friends and fam need to. My facebook never gets any activity but who knows, you might get invited to someplace or someone might post up an interesting or funny link. Also there are other things to look at besides friends list... Like pages/ fan pages and stuff
  7. xsomewhatdamagedx

xsomewhatdamagedx Well-Known Member

things have kind of died down now well at least i hope they have and i actually had a surprise yesterday when a male friend of mine stuck up for me
  8. SaraRose

SaraRose Well-Known Member

I know how that is. I once posted about how horrible I felt, about how I felt like I was a failure at getting anything done right and how alone I felt. I had 8 people 'like' the post and no helpful comments. Which prompted me to make the next post asking why is it when people see bad news they 'like' the comment. Are they liking the bad thing that is happening or what.

Facebook doesn't help me at all. It shows me that my family is geting to live their lives while I just sit in bed all day long except for work...
  9. IDKs

IDKs New Member

I swear Facebook is evil. It traps you in because all your family and friends connect through it, but it's drama central. I swear its done more harm than good, I would delete it but, like I said, most of my family and friends stay connect through there...