1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facial hair.

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by SCUK2009, Sep 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SCUK2009

SCUK2009 Well-Known Member

Specifically beards. I'm growing mine at the moment. Usually go through summer clean shaven/slight stubble, style it a bit etc. Autumn comes and I like to just leave it until Christmas. Any other male (or female ;)) forumistas do the same?

May upload pre/post beard pics. Sorry if this is a boring thread :( ;)

2. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

haha

Well, I do like facial hair on guys.
    I have a body-hair phobia for myself, though... I pretty much wax everything aside from my eyebrows and the hair ontop of my head. Creeps me out... although I'm totally fine with it on other people.
    Even girls~ girl with hairy arms, underarms, hairy legs... as long as it isn't sprouting out of my own skin. ><

pictures, pictures!

How long does it take you to grow a decent beard?
    My dad can grow one in 3 days - scary! Apparently it's been that way since he was 16.
    I'd upload a photo of him with one of his crazy mountain-man beards if I didn't think he'd kill me if he found out about me putting it online XD

3. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

I also dig the facial hair on guys. My ex has one at the moment and it's totally hot :p

Vane, do you do you arms and stuff too?

I second pics.

4. KittyGirl

yes, I wax my arms regularly.
    People tell me that's weird, but in asian countries it's not unheard of for a girl to shave her arms on a weekly basis.
    I can't stand even having light peachfuzz. ><

5. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

It's not quite as common, but i wouldn't consider it weird.

Shaving would be yucky on the arms, all prickly :eek:

I've been thinking of getting laser treatment done on a few parts to semi permanently get rid of hair.

6. KittyGirl

This is a pro-hair thread, so imma stop talking about myself! XD

GO BEARDS!

7. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

:laugh: Yes, sorry.

Beards are win. I wish i could grow one so that i could ponder while i stroke it and look all thoughtful and intelligent. Like it give me some kind of special powers. Sampson anyone?

8. KittyGirl

Sorry, I'm hogging your thread SCUK2009

Just wanted to say... November is National Beard month!
    for serious.

9. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

I grow a beard during the NHL playoffs :biggrin: because I'm weird like that.

10. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

I'm still enjoying septembeard!

:mhmm:

11. SCUK2009

Takes a few weeks if I'm honest :( My facial hair isn't that strong.

Pics soon some. Just wanted to check see if it was OK to upload on here.

12. SCUK2009

Woah.

I'm gonna upload my pre-facial hair pic in a bit. I'll obviously have to wait a while before the post-beard pic is up ;)

13. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Uh, well, I've tried to grow a beard before... I made it about 3 days before I went crazy with my face being all scratchy and I was forced to shave it off. :(

14. WorldBurns2Death

WorldBurns2Death Well-Known Member

I cant grow normal facial hair for some reason. Not that I would want to but it does seem useful living in New England to have a beard in the winter

15. SCUK2009

There is a slight beard on this. I didn't realise :(.

[​IMG]

16. SCUK2009

The last time I did it, I managed about 4 months, but my facial hair was like really long bumfluff so it didn't look right. Hopefully it's thicker this year.

17. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Aww you are a cutie :tongue:

18. SCUK2009

Thanks lol :-o

Are you male or female?

19. Tim.

Tim. SF Emoti-King

Okay, I have to chime in on the topic of beards. Because beards are pretty sweet. They can turn a meek, useless wimp into an invincible killing machine (or so I've heard).

I've had my beard for almost three years now I think. I won't post pics but I realized I already have videos linked from this site, so you can see it if you check out a video of me playing guitar (such as by clicking here... IF YOU DARE!).

Actually I'll probably shave my beard whenever I lose about 50 pounds. My theory is I don't look as chubby with the beard. We'll see though. I suppose it would always grow back.

Anyways, beards rule.

20. SCUK2009

Agreed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.