facilities?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I attempted to overdose for the first time yesterday. I had a bottle of klonopin lined up perfectly, every pill in a straight row, but after six I was interrupted. I'm at one of the roughest points of my life that I think I've ever been- the past year has been horrible, the depression makes it so hard to get through the day, I was broken up with and have been insulted and ridiculed by the man that dumped me, and I possibly have multiple sclerosis, but don't find out for another month.

All of that leads up to my question, my confusion. From what I've gathered, treatment facilities typically focus on substance abuse and eating disorders. While I have suffered from ED-NOS for four years, it's only started recurring again lately. But I want to go to a facility. I want to be sent somewhere where my sole goal is to heal and be taken care of until I'm able to get somewhat better.

I feel so embarrassed about this desire though. People never seem to WANT to go to places like that, and yet I want nothing more than an environment where everything is controlled for me. What is going on with me? Where is this desire coming from? Has anyone else wanted this? And where could I go where they would admit me for depression or anxiety? My ED isn't bad enough to be admitted for that.

Oceans

FallingLeaf, you are having it tough and i'm sorry you are suffering soo badly that you attempted yesterday.

I don't think there is nothing wrong with wanting to go to a facility to solely deal with your problems. It shows your strength and courage to want to face up your problems head on before things get to the point where you have another attempt at your life. You do want to live because you dont want to wait around until you are told or force into these facilities. Sometimes escaping temporarily from the day to day responsibilities may help you deal with your problems without an added stress.

I hope things work out well for you

warm wishes
oceans

I think it is great that you are willing to go into a facility and try to deal with your problems. I don't know what is available in your area but a call to the hospital or a health care facility should be able to answer your questions. There has to be availability of a bed so you may want to do this as soon as possible. Do whatever it is that is best for you and don't worry about what others think. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00