Facing fraud charges and owing 25,000$ to the state.

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Vee, Aug 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vee

Vee Active Member

I lost hope in my job search, now they want all their money back and coming after me for fraud.

2. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

I'm sorry... I'm not clear on the situation; but have you borrowed money to help get you through being unemployed?
    If you are still unable to find a job, you should be able to get extensions until you actually *have* a job and means to pay money back... and a situation like that is certainly not fraud if you've got even one piece of proof that you've been trying to find a job. Even without proof-- just *saying* that you've been looking for a job would dissipate any fraud charge, wouldn't it?

3. Vee

Vee Active Member

I totally lost hope that I would find a job and didn't search for one like unemployment required.

They say that was intent to defraud them.

4. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Have you seen any doctors for any health/mental health related things?
    If you have not, I would suggest going to see one.
    If you start on any type of medication or therapy-- it would prove that your mental state has been bad; which is why you have not gone to search for a job.

Unemployment sends me letters practically every other month; my mom calls these letters a part of their 'scare tacic' < because people normally run away and stop taking money- then end up living on the street, BUT the government won't have to keep shelling out money to help them along; so they don't care.

5. Vee

Vee Active Member

The state has the law on their side.

I don't see any options at the moment.

I've still got no work prospects at all.

6. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Are there any charities or organisations over there that help with situations like these?

7. Vee

Vee Active Member

Not really that I know of.

8. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I suspect there will be, somewhere, its just knowing where and how to access them. There are places in the UK where people over here can go in their get in situations like this, so I would hope there would be elsewhere too. It might be worth hunting for them.

9. ema

ema Antiquities Friend

look for something called legal aid. they usually can help in various ways for lots of things and don't charge for certain cases, like yours.

don't give up, there's help. and getting medical help may go a long way. it can be used to show your depression and help mitigate the legal mess.

10. Chameleon76

Chameleon76 Well-Known Member

If you lost a job through no fault of your own, then you are entitled to collect benifits, there's no fraud commited.
    Sure, there's requirements to stay eligible, but if you don't fullfill the reqiurements, the worst they would do is stop your benifits.

If they're charging you with fraud, then you must not have been eligible to collect in the first place, which means you lied on the application.

11. That's a form letter they sent you. Don't sweat it. Trust me, they can't charge you with 'not looking for a job'. Nothing will come of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.