Facing long weekend alone with suicide and self-harm thoughts

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by displaced, Dec 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. displaced

displaced Member

I'm alone until Monday night. I've been struggling all week with suicidal thoughts, self-harm is increasing, and I'm feeling inclined to take risks I normally wouldn't. My therapist says this is not a crisis and he is confident in my ability to use my skills (DBT) and follow my safety plan to get through the weekend. How can he be confident when I'm not? Maybe I'm overreacting to how I feel. Depressed and anxious and scared. At least I have my pets to keep me company (and safe?). I guess I just needed to check in somewhere. Thanks.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun you keep checking in here okay you won't be alone that way I am glad you have your pets hun with you they will help keep you calm hugs

3. happyville

happyville Well-Known Member

I know how you feel, bb. Just hang in there. Cry if you have to, but make sure you cry while hugging your pets. < 3

4. displaced

displaced Member

Hanging in so far. Went to bed early. Puppy woke me up in the wee hours, but then slept with me for three hours! Lazy morning, then some painting, finishing up lunch and planning errands to the hardware store, the pet store, and maybe the dog park. Still feeling unstable, and a bit out of it, like walking in a dream. This happens sometimes when I'm distressed, not a full dissociative episode but kind of a haze. Usually not dangerous, so I guess that's good.

5. lost-one

lost-one New Member

I'm glad you are hanging in with us Displaced! Keep staying busy and feeling accomplished and you will make it through this weekend. Maybe take your puppy to the local coffee shop and sit outside and make some new friends. Just being around others will help keep you out of your own mind so much. Keep us updated!

6. displaced

displaced Member

Received some family news this evening. Should be something to celebrate, but it has upset me. Not sure what to do.

7. 1Lefty

1Lefty Well-Known Member

Keep hanging in there, you're doing fine

Give the family news a few days to sink in. I know for me, sometimes my first reaction is negative, but after I've considered it, and adapted to it , it's not bad

Keep posting here, we care

8. 1Lefty

1Lefty Well-Known Member

Hey man, how you hanging in there? How was today for you? I just had a few minutes to check in with you.

If you need, feel free to PM me, I don't spend a lot of time on the Internet, but I always check my PMs, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Just remember, you can have thoughts, you DON'T have to act on them.

Take care

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.