Faeries

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by zrimple, Jun 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zrimple

zrimple Member

HI.....I am wanting to share this article with you'll about faeries.
    http://www.earthspirit.com/fireheart/fhfaries.html

I just think it is wonderful, and speaks deep things to what many people may FEEL--even teneously--but not even be able to voice it to themselves................Like some longing that they cannot put a finger on, but it is definately there

THis is what I have explored for years. I have been through dark times, but have also been inspired BECAUSE of that to explore DEEP places and ask deep questions. That many plastic superfical people may not, being obsessed with superficals

Like why are we having to live like we do. Go to schools to learn boring things, be bullied, drugged. And do jobs we hate, and live in horrible built up areas, and have TV with its plastic entertainments, and news propaganda

I do not believe in the myth of mental illness do you? HAve you been asked this question before?
    To summarize: there is no evidence at all or tests that can test you for so-called 'mental illness'. This is not to say that you cannot feel very distressed, have visions, etc. But that this is NOT medical disease. Its how we feel which the authority make OUT is physical disease

So say I said I saw faeiries to the usual shrink, he would look down and jot in his book 'schizophrenia' or whatever. And thats that

So I question all of that. I have HAD to for my own sanity. because if you believe in authority without questioning it then who knows where that may lead!

2. zrimple

zrimple Member

oh...............i'm to weird for you/here...?:unsure:

3. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

I think it's good to explore deep places and ask deep questions but does anyone really have any answers?

Who has the answers, is it the authorities, the psychologists, the philosophers, the scientists or the religious groups. I think everyone has something interesting to say, some insight to offer, but does anyone really have any answers?

I've spent years searching, for meaning, for truth, for purpose, for insight, yet at the end of the day it doesn't really seem to matter. At the end of the day, a rock is a rock and a tree is a tree, and that's a good thing I guess.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2008
  4. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

yeah same here. I searched and searched. Nothing. Even if some of what I heard or read was true what does it matter to me? Doesn't help my life. Doesn't make my life any better. You have to experience it your self.

5. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

6. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

Thank you SO much for sharing this. I nearly cried when I read it... my throat still hurts from trying to hold back tears. If you ever want to talk, feel free to PM me. :hug:

7. protonaut

protonaut Well-Known Member

In my humble opinion, an overall sense of balance is needed. Nurturing spirituality / creativity can help the human mind achieve part of this necessary balance, though moderation (as always) is key. When I have to make ends meet, I can easily devote my mind to business and rationality. But in my free time, I tend to indulge in literary magazines, creative writing, and other forms of art which satiate my inner child. Ultimately, there is a time and place for each type of thinking, and it's important to understand this distinction.

8. incognito

incognito Well-Known Member

9. zzz

zzz Well-Known Member

What fiction?

10. zrimple

zrimple Member

Hi ALL :smile: I am glad that my message inspired losts of interesting responses :smile:

When I first came here and looked at choice of threads, I thought it was a good variety, but what I felt was missing was a place we can explore imagination as I feel this is SO ignored and dismissed by the culture we live in. Dont know about you but it can feel like a straightjacket. Like tension to behave as if you are 'normal' as the authority (which includes parents, peers, 'friends_ defines 'normal'. And i feel this is a BIG factor in the desperation many feel. I know this for myself anyway. Do any of you get that also??

11. Ziggy

I remember one day I just thought my cat had the right approach to life, so I decided to copy her, basically spent most of the day walking around on all fours, ate when she ate, slept when she slept, and fought with her to get at the scratching post, and well I finally came to the realisation that I wasn't a cat, so that was good. :laugh:

Anyway I guess that wasn't a normal day, but it was great. I spend so much time being 'normal' and when 'normal' doesn't work I spend some time being odd, and when that doesn't work I'll be 'normal' again. I guess there has to be a balance though, I've gone through phases of doing odd things, where people have worried about me, and I do regret that.

12. zrimple

zrimple Member

Some places if your not 'normal' you'll get hurt bad or killed.

I live in UK and thers a lot of crime amingst youths. theres a series about all this on channel 4. I have just been watching about these places in various cities. IF tyour not in a gang and conform to how they dress, talk, and all the carrying of weapons etc you are gonna 'live in scary times' as one kid put it. How sads that?

13. zrimple

zrimple Member

see. noone here wants to explore things.

bump:dry:

14. Ziggy

I don't think that's true. It's just that the topic is always shifting. We started with Faeries and ended with gang crime. It's kind of hard to see the connection. People shouldn't have strict definitions of 'normal' which I think we agree with... but... what was the question again?

15. zrimple

zrimple Member

Oh I see. Well I suppose--my main thing is seeing connections between things. So I can quite happuily go onto what many people might not see as being connected like say faeries and inner city violence. For example I see the latter as direct result of abuse. Of people being oppressed and violated and separated from the Land, animals, and all that comes with that such as nature spirits--faeries.

But if this unnerves people I will try and keep it to Faeries

I just feel that oppression is being done to us. And a big factor is the mental illness myth. So if say people claimed to experience seeing nature spirits, or just wanting to be close to Nature. that this is seen as weird by this culture. And I am wanting to encourage people here to feeol free about how they feel about things. About this society. WHY it is they feel down and suicidal

What are your beliefs? Are you feeling thers a void? Do you want to explore about that here, knowing that you are anonymous....so you can really feel free to explore this, and encourage others to.......?

it might INCLUDE losing the magic of childhood...and so on..................Maybe your childhood was FAR from magical. But this space is far trusting me, and hopefully everyone to open up. Not feeling scrutinized and diagnosed with 'mental illness'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.