Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by among the stars, Dec 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. among the stars

among the stars Well-Known Member

coming to the end of my college writing class and all week i have had this feeling i couldn't explain until realizing that there's a large possibility that i will fail the last paper and possibly the course. its a sinking feeling that just wont go away. I've worked so hard to only fail. so stupid to believe my dreams would come true.

since realizing this the only thing that given me comfort is this song. i feel like such a failure and so alone except when i hear these words.
  2. I`m sorry you are feeling like such a failure, but do you believe in all earnest that how you see yourself really reflects reality? I mean, how depression makes us view ourselves, and the real deal, isn`t the same. When we are scared or depressed, we only see the bad parts and the negative possibilities. One failed paper does not equal failing your entire future. I know it`s hard to think that way in the moment, but do you know how many papers you could write in a lifetime? A whole lot, I tell you. You are not alone in feeling the way you do. I`ve been a student several years, and I failed each and every exam I had, until I realized I was merely butting my head in the wall, repeating old errors. I failed because I was scared and let the fear completely ruin my chances. I know now that I simply have to take a different route. Perhaps you will fail your paper, perhaps you will not, but in the big picture, that one paper isn`t what defines you or your future. Perhaps if you do fail it, you`ll be forced to make other choices, and then you end up 5 years from now realizing that failing the paper was what led you to the right path for you to be happy? And then again, you might fail it, then succeed on the second try. No matter what happens, you mustn`t let the "if"`s control you. You are more than some lousy paper. It`s not you. So hang on in there.
  3. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

sorry I haven't been around much...not doing well myself...
    try not to worry too much may all be in vain (the worry) and you will pass .
    I will keep everything crossed for you :hugtackles:
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Andi its okay cross that bridge when it comes okay stay here get the support you deserve okay pm me anytime im here
  5. Indian81

Indian81 Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.