failed again at socializing

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Mordeci, Sep 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

Basically just another failure in a long and growing list. After class most of the students meet at a bar as a end of the week thing (we only have a 4 day week) anyway I have been trying to join them and failing miserably. First they made a big deal about making room for me so I had to sit at the end away from the conversation, I was completly ignored. Eventually I went to sit at the bar by-myself to figure out my next move, when one of the people walked by and very casually made an offensive remark about me and walked away. It was the equivelent of being called a name in junior high and pushed into a locker. I am tired of being nice, I am completly done with people. From now on I am not being nice to anyone I meet, if all I get is coldness and crulity then that is what I will dish out, I really hate myself right now, and everything about me

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

wow that person i would have turned around and loudly said what was said to you and ask if why it was said i would have embarrassed the ass of them. You do not have to put up with that kind of abuse You are better then that person. It is good you keep trying okay don't let one or two people who are asses destroy you confidence People can be very cruel i agree but some can also be very kind you just have to find the kind ones okay take care . I amsorry that ass of a person was so cruel and in time know it will be returned to them 10 fold i truly believe that.

3. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

I am done with people they are not worth the agerrvation, I will always be alone and miserable.

4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Sounds so juvenile and wasteful the way they treated you...I know this might not take away the sting, but know they are not worth your time and as you get older, you will find ppl to be more understanding of differences...why not try to meet ppl on a one to one that way you have more control...giving up on ppl because of a group of jerks sounds like you will be hurt the most...please PM me if I can help...big hugs, J

5. lifelover

lifelover Well-Known Member

ok, I can relate to much of what you say. First, do not abandon your dignity: if anyone is rude to you and you respond to the letter and in case of necessity of violence do not hesitate to kick off his balls. Second, I noticed how anyone minimally aware, that appearance matters a lot. Its importance is inversely associated with factors such as your nobility of spirit and the social complex of the second player ... but we have to adapt. So work on your appearance, it will do well for you in just about everything, especially including your own (self-esteem). Third, go easy on the approaches to people and is always on guard but do not hesitate to return a kindness to a seemingly good person just because you are generalizing all as scum. Fourth, Improve your self-confidence. This last point is very difficult and takes a long time. Fifth, the importance of discriminating person. Some people are good to be friends, others give you a good time to own advantage of them, dont really matter - in the end everyone thinks of himself first ... and some dont even deserve to be talk to.
    At some time you will make friends and you're ready to scream a silent fuck off to those who deserve it.
    Some advices of self-experience. Hope it helps you think and forgive my bad nasty english. :mad:

Keep on. Hug.

6. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member

Don't turn to the dark side, Mordeci!

It's just a fact that "society" is swarming with people who are seemingly heartless. Some of those people may actually be heartless...but a lot of them aren't. I think their behavior stems from other things. Just what I think.

Anyway, there may be a lot of people who can't exactly be called decent and mature but there are still plenty of people of who can be called those things. So keep an eye out for those! :)

7. SCUK2009

SCUK2009 Well-Known Member

I know the feeling. Don't hold onto it though. I just try and think of it as life's way of testing me. Don't let it ruin how much of a nice person you are. The world needs more nice people.

8. Sapphire

Hear, hear.

9. Montage

Montage Well-Known Member

there are caring good people out there... dont write ppl off just because of a group of jerks... they are the ones missing out on someone wonderful :)

10. IAD121212

IAD121212 Well-Known Member

Fuck 'em. People aren't worth bothering with. I have always preferred my own company.

11. Sapphire

Don't become a recluse, IAD121212!

You'd be missing out on the company of a lot of nice people. They do exist. I've seen them! Sometimes it seems like they are an endangered species but they're actually not. :)

12. IAD121212

Nice people is an oxymoron I've discovered.

13. Sapphire

hahaha That's a good one! :)

14. IAD121212

Yes. It gets funnier the older you get. :mad:

15. Sapphire

Don't become cynical, IAD121212!

You'd be on the wrong track! There's a lot of goodness out there... Really. There is. :)

16. IAD121212

I don't believe you.

17. SCUK2009

Sapphire is right. Try to stay positive mate.

18. IAD121212

See also:

'Cheer up'

'Pull yourself together'
    (and a personal favourite of mine) 'Smile! It might not happen!' (Oh my aching sides etc)

This site isn't helping me at all...

19. SCUK2009

I didn't mean for that to sound cliche'd mate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.