Failed again

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Bigman2232, Feb 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bigman2232

Bigman2232 Well-Known Member

Once again, I've got an assignment due tomorrow and I can't do it. Don't know how, don't have anyone that can help. It's worth 8% of my final mark and I see several other things in this class going the same way. I'm just not smart enough for the stuff they use to determine my future.

Even if I could figure out how to do this, I have no drive to. But that doesn't work as an excuse. No extensions for wanting to die.

I don't even know why I'm still here. I got nothing but my tv dreamworld to look forward to.

I've just wasted so much and failed at it all.
  2. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

You know, in addition to feeling suicidal, there are physical effects from depression, like being tired all the time and not being able to concentrate. It's bound to effect your grades, and your ability to finish assignments.

Are you getting some support or treatment? It's something to think about. You won't always feel as low as you're feeling right now,

3. Bigman2232

Bigman2232 Well-Known Member

tried. Counselor couldn't help. And there is a 3 month wait to see a shrink.
  4. Melmoth the Wanderer

Melmoth the Wanderer Well-Known Member

I have the exact same problem. I had a five-page paper due the other day, and, because of anxiety over the fact that it was worth a third of my final grade, I was unable to write anything until a couple of hours before it was due. Even then, I could only write less than three pages, and the teacher was clear about how anything less than five pages would result in a lower grade.

My problem is that I simply don't care about school anymore, and that I haven't cared about it for three years. However, I know I'm not stupid, and I don't think you are, either. As you said yourself, we just can't muster up the drive to do what others believe is important.

My only advice would be to do what you can, even if it's only three pages for a five-page assignment. Even an F is better than a zero, after all (sorry, I only know the American grading system. I have no idea what other countries use if you're not in the US). Just try to have something to turn in. Hopefully, we both can get out of our slumps a little and do better on the next assignments.
  5. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

believe me i know all about waiting lists.... i was on a list myself, that is, until i unraveled completely. fact is, if you are feeling suicidal you need to get some help now. it's like the "warning light" on your car dashboard flashing on and off saying "hey... i need servicing." ...

if you are able, i'd really encourage you to go back to the health center (or your doctor) and share with them how you currently feel. i know it's scary, maybe you have some shame about this (i sure did), and it will take alot of trust.

you don't have to feel this way, and you don't have to do it alone,

6. blade

blade Well-Known Member

i know its hard, i cant just say, push ur self, cause i wount mean it. are u getting enough sleep! try meditating hun, it works, i know first time i tried it i wasnt easy casue u need to sit still , but yeah meditating really does help!

it relaxes u alot, makes u forget ur problems, makes my relax ur mind, body not forceing u to try it , but i always do it and it works!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.