Failed Suicide Attempt.

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by Em., Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Em.

Em. New Member

Okay, so I got a little sick of life last friday night [29/06/07] and decided to end it all.

I realised that I wasn't the slightest bit prepared, so I left it until the next day, Saturday. There, I swallowed <mod edit-gentlelady-methods> I read up that this was enough for a fatal overdose. I then played the saddest and my most favourite song [Stone Sour - Bother] on loop and lay on the floor, waiting to die. Unfortunately, my friend called me while I was a little too drunk and I confessed to my plans. She spent ages trying to persuade me to give her my address so she could call an ambulance. I refused.

Then, at 5:30AM, I woke up. I was lying in a pool of dark red vomit, IN MY BED [?!], with absolutely no recollection of what had happened.

I intend to make a fresh attempt again, when I can gather the money for some more alcohol and a larger dose of drugs.

Anybody got any of their stories to tell? I'd like to hear them :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2007
  2. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Em, even though we don't know eachother, I would like to say that I wish that you don't go through with this. Stay and talk to us here. I'm sure we can help.

3. LonelyTraveler

LonelyTraveler Well-Known Member

Last year I was put on an antidepressant. After 3 months of using it with no real changes in my outlook on life, I decided to double my dose. I figured that it was just like any other pain reliever; if there's more pain, you take more pills. Well two weeks into the new dosage, the voice in my head that keeps me from attempting was gone. So instead of thinking "no, I can't do it today, I've got to wait," I was thinking, "Why not?" So I grabbed this bottle of pills and began <mod edit-gentlelady-methods> There was nothing inside that said "STOP! Tell someone!" I really didn't care if I died. About an hour later I'm still not feeling any effects of the overdose so I began wanting to go back to the store to get more. I got up out of my chair, but could barely stand. I felt more drunk than ever before. I wasn't going ANYWHERE. LOL

I laid down on the bed wondering if it would be the last time I closed my eyes. I said, "Well, if this is it, then I'll see what's on the other side. I wish I could say that it's been fun," and went to sleep. I woke up about 10 hours later with a hangover from HELL. I mean DAMN my head hurt. And my whole body felt like it was tingling and I still couldn't walk straight. I still wasn't up for leaving the house later that day so I called in sick at work. Told them I had a 24hr bug.

I told a few close friends (who have since deserted me) but no one in my family knows. I took enough pills along with the alcohol to put a normal person six feet under. But me being the fat peice of shit that I am, I would have needed to take 3 times what I took then to actually relieve myself of life. I tapered myself off the antidepressant and the voice telling me to wait came back. So I have to wait.

4. expressive_child

expressive_child Well-Known Member

Well, buddy. I think it means you are not supposed to do that. Look, Mystic Eyes is right. You should be here and talk to us and not try that again. You know we are all here to help. Look, maybe you can try PM someone and talk about it. I am here if you wanna talk. I am sure you can overcome this. Please please tell me you are gonna stay and talk about this and let us help you coz everyone here is willing to be there for you so don't hesitate to PM me or anyone else. We are all in SF for common reasons - because we feel the same and wanted to help others too..

5. White Dove

White Dove Well-Known Member

well i took an od of sleepinmg pills ( sorry cant post here how many it would break the rules ) but i took them and mixed them with <Mod Edit: Abacus21-method>.. well i almost took enough of them. the amount i took made my blood pressure really low and my heart raced away to the point it stopped ( had a heart attack ) but i was brought back ( thanks to the stupid doctors... ) however i plan on taking 10 times that amount and going somewhere that no one knows about and then by the time they find me it will be too late...

That is unless i can be convinced in 2 days that my life is worth something here in this stupid pathic world...

6. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

I made the mistake of repeatedly taking ODs when I was on home leave from the hospital. As a result I was detained under the mental health act. Guess it worked out well in the end though (the sectioning) because I hated it so much that i've been out of the psych ward for over two years.

7. Entoloma43

Entoloma43 Well-Known Member

I tried overdosing on sleeping pills + suffocation.
    The problems that arose were:

1. I forgot to check the weather, so it started raining outside.
    2. My brother was home and awake and saw the note to early.
    3. The pills weren't strong enough despite taking a lot (Only about 1000mg)
    4. The note was quick and not properly thought out.

I was then in the hospital for a few days, transfered to a psychiatric hospital for five days, then outside therapy for like 3 days. (I convinced my parents the out therapy was a waste of money for me, which it was. He just kept asking random questions for days.)

If I try again, I have a basically 100% guarantee method.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.