Failed (Triggering)

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by BipolarGirl (Deathplease), Feb 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I cut last night and the night before after a year and 12 days without cutting. I failed. I had no reason to cut I am fairly stable right now or so I thought but for the past week I've been wanting to cut and now that I have the wanting has not gone away it has just increased. I knew it would so I shouldn't be surprised but I am for some reason. I don't understand why I cut this time. It has just made things worse.

2. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

*hugs*

I'm sorry you failed hun. But failing once is not the end of the world. Keep trying to distract yourself!

For me selfharm is a bit of an addiction, I don't know if that thought helps you or not... but it might explain why you feel like this.

Stay strong, hun, and fight!

3. Mine I believe is an addiction to but I had been doing so well. I have a list of things that I can do instead and I didn't even think about that. I have people that I can talk to and I have incentives for myself to not cut and that has worked in the past (it is why I made it to a year).

4. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

I'm proud of you that you made it a full year! You should be too! And since you did that once, you have the basis to do it again.

Have you been under stress lately? It's usually my worst trigger.

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

When you fall off the horse you get back on, you can overcome this again, amazing that you were a year without SH, you should be very proud.

6. hawaiianfeeling

hawaiianfeeling Chat Pro

As I said last night, you haven't failed! You accomplished a huge thing by making it over a year. You can be proud of that, and we both know you are capable of making it another year starting now. And then another. Moving forward, try to keep reminding yourself of what you said in your first post - "It has just made things worse."

7. Thank you guys so much for your support.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.