Failing

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Hache, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

Academically, socially, just not good enough, just not cutting it, cant swim here, only float

Dont want to die, just want to be good enough, but cant help suicidle thoughts and visions

Drinking now to take away the lonliness

2. VonBlown

VonBlown Well-Known Member

As long as you've got your health, you've got it all. There's always someone for everyone.

3. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

Not here though, fed up of being ignored, unwanted, but its my personality

4. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

Just been described as sulky by the people I live with, that is what they think of my depression

5. mortdesinos

mortdesinos Well-Known Member

Many of the people around you may not understand depression, but we do, as do many others. If you are failing, then maybe you'll have to make some changes to your work habits, but it's not the end of the world.

6. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

Its not lack of effort or knowledge, I feel cheated by the assessment techniques, they've tried to be creative with 2 of the modules instead of written assignments and I have completely flumped in both.

Meanwhile no one really wants to know me, I need attention.

7. jjjoooggg2

jjjoooggg2 Well-Known Member

I failed out of school till I was 21. Then I returned to school at 28 to do well. Many freshmans are nontraditional students (older students). I am sometimes the only A in the class. And there are plenty of older students in community college.

8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Mike!

I can understand where you're coming from, I have no social skills at all.
    I'm sure we've spoken about this before but I can't remember if its anxiety you suffer from? Group therapy might help you to get past this :hug:

9. jjjoooggg2

I've read books on conversation, etiqette, and women, body language.

If you lived in a different culture, been out of the dating game for a long time, it is not your fault that you have no social skills.

Some people have been fortunate enough to be raised in a social circle.

You can pray and hope that miss soul mate will stumble upon you and/or do some planning and read some books on relationships and meeting. It's not shady. When you get to my age you'll be buying these books in secret. Unless you are casanova( I heard even Casanova had a system), you will need to make things happen, not wait for miss soul mate to find you. Once you understand the physics of the dating game which most have no clue, you will see that you can increase your odds significantly.

One of the writers wrote his book because he'd been married for so long before his divorce and forgot the physics of dating.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2009
  10. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replys, all good advice.

I'm not sure how I can over come how I feel, I think this is it now, I will fall back into the deep depression I had 18 months ago.

The constant thoughts <Mod Edit:shades-methods>just arnt nice.

For at least 4 or 5 weeks now I have brushed how I felt under the carpet and just felt content, the depression ocassionally came out when something triggered me whilst drunk. Now it is all out again, the lonliness, the ugliness, the lack of belonging. I just went into a shop, saw my reflection in the mirror as I was walking past and wanted to die, that seems stupid but there we go. No one makes me feel worthy or beautiful, now I sound like a woman (without trying to be sexist)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2009
  11. jjjoooggg2

That sounds really intense. But I think you will do fine eventually. This isn't a terminal disease. It's curable.

12. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

It keeps coming back and I think it will for the rest of my life, the only medication is to fix what is making me feel like this, but forever if there is anything getting me down I'm going to get as low as this, people think I am being moody, but I have never been a moody person, when I am miserable it means I want to die, I'll just have to let them think what they want

13. jjjoooggg2

Maybe, they think you are moody. Because they see potential in you that you don't see.

14. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

Maybe, because whenever I try telling them things that caused my depression (over msn, sometimes when drunk) they pass it off as nothing, like just normal problems everyone has, say its nothing to be bothered about.

15. johnnysays

johnnysays Well-Known Member

Heavy.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2009
  16. johnnysays

johnnysays Well-Known Member

Self-worth is tied to suicide. With men it usually has something to do with whether or not they can hold their own financially.

17. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

It sounds like you are letting your self defeating thoughts control you.. You need to step back and look at the positive thoughts.. Those are the building blocks to making you better..Hold onto to those positive thoughts.. When a negative thought creeps in kick it to the curb and replace it with one of the positive thoughts you are holding on to..Best wishes!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.