Failure - How do you deal with it?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Null, Sep 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Null

Null Well-Known Member

How do you deal with failure?

Here is some background on my issue. My job sent me to Florida for some training. Upon completing the course we where required to take a test for certification. When taking the test I remember thinking that it was tricky but not so bad. I really concentrated on the lecture, and tried to study but we covered a whole lot of material over the 2 day course. I've been back at work for 2 weeks, working away, feeling pretty good about how the test went. I just got an email from my boss saying that I failed the test, and that we would talk about it later.

When I saw the email pop up in my email list I felt excited and a little scared. As I read the email those feelings quickly turned to panic and disappointment. I feel like I failed work, but most of all, I feel like I let myself down. Currently I've been doing pretty well avoiding SH and blocking out major suicidal thoughts, this failure kind of "throws a wrench" in to my stable mind set.

To be honest I never stopped wanting to kill myself. I never really stopped wanting to SH. Just lately life has been more tolerable. I don't know why things have been "easier", but now that I think of it, things have been getting a little worse everyday, but I still seem to be "OK". Despite the issues I've been having with my therapist, psychiatrist, appointment times, medications, etc, things have been OK. I'm kind of worried that this latest failure is going to set me back to a less peaceful state.

I'm just wanting to know what you do to keep failure from setting you back? How do you deal with failure? How do you turn failure in to a positive thing?
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hun just tell your boss that lots of people are not able to write test they freeze up. Tell him that you will look over material again and try to rewrite if necessary but test results are not always accurate Try not to let this one thing get you down ok see what boss has to say abt the whole thing first. hugs
  3. souncide

souncide Well-Known Member

Failure is something from human nature. We're not computers, we're not 100% accurate. It can teach us somethings. Don't be so down because you failed, you'll have the chance of doing better on your next try.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.