Failure.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by SilentShanny, Mar 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilentShanny

SilentShanny Member

So here goes; I have been diagnosed with a list of mental illnesses including depression, anxiety, OCD and have been suffering with anorexia for about 9 years. With two failed suicide attempts under my belt i feel, and many failed therapies, i feel like i have no where to go. My body is slowly failing me, but with the hospitals mental health team lurking around every corner, with the ability to detain me and treat me however they like, i live everyday in a panic thinking about ending up back there. I can't seek help for certain problems without the risk of being stuck in hospital against my will. I have no contact with family or friends, and my anxiety prevents me from being able to work so every day is long and tortuous. I want to end my life so badly, but the risk of failure, and again- hospital, stops me. Im so lost. I don't know what to do.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Here youcan get community help hun nurses councillors come to you home to help you Is there anything in y our community like that hun Sometimes hosptial stay can be very hard hun but while there if you use all the sources to get stable sometimes hun it is worth it just my thoughts though

3. SilentShanny

SilentShanny Member

Thanks for replying. Yeah, there is but i have tried to work with them and they don't help. Same goes for the hospitals, i have had several admissions now, at different hospitals and i always end up back in the same situation. The public mental health system here is a joke. I just can't get rid of these thoughts.

4. skinnylove911

skinnylove911 Well-Known Member

what about speaking to crisis mental health team and seeing what they suggest. They can discuss a relapse prevention/crisis treatment p;an for you if things get really bad for you x but remember if you feel in danger of yourself or others then please go to the hospital and seek immedate help.

5. SilentShanny

SilentShanny Member

Im sorry, i don't know why i came here. I hate feeling like Im shutting down everyone's suggestions when i know you are trying to help, but i feel like i have exhausted every option. Crisis care is the team that has my file now, but they just keep forcing me into hospital, where all they care about is making me eat, and my anxiety gets out of control with the overwhelming amount of noises and light.

6. hoophula

hoophula Active Member

There should be a specific place people like us can go, no sounds, no lights, no criticism, no judgement, oh yeah, there is! nvm....

7. skinnylove911

skinnylove911 Well-Known Member

Maybe that could be your best option to get better, next time they suggest take up their offer.
    otherwise it could to situation where they have force you to go for in for hospital treatment and if go in voluntary you will be out sooner. if you go in voluntary, your basically sayimg you need help and you need help now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.