Failure

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Pad, Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pad

Pad Well-Known Member

well i fail in everything i try, failed to get into my uni of choice a while ago and just got anothether unnsuccessful reply. I have an interview in a week but have been warned that i have very little chance. other than that i have one more chance that i am waiting for a reply. im going to do my best at the interview but have no idea what to do if this fails. i should give up aiming so high and aim as low as possible. maybe noone will notice me failing if i aim low enough. i want to start my life all over again

2. byebyebeautiful

byebyebeautiful Account Closed

dont give up. :hug:

3. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Please don't give up, I know it's disappointing when you don't get something you really want. I know from my own experience that I went to Uni but it was too soon for me & I got ill & had to leave. I was determined that I would go back 1 day but my old University didn't accept me & I was so sure I would get in. I was devastated but at the same time a little relieved as I still wasn't really well enough to make major decisions like that.

I took a few months out of not thinking about Uni & then resubmitted my application form to a different Uni. I was accepted & should have started last September, unfortunately timing wasn't great & I had to defer a year.

I guess what I'm trying to say is don't give up on your dream, it may just take you a bit longer to get there.

4. Pad

Pad Well-Known Member

i want to give up, it feels like being crushed every time i have to explain to someone, family, that i failed to do something that i always talked about with so much enthusiasm. I have been so sure that this is what i was meant to do but it turns out it could just be a dream that wont happen. I dont have the money or the time to spend on getting in if i fail this time. i dont know what i can do. i cant be what i want to be, they say i wont succeed even though i know i can. my past catches up with me every time

5. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Whoever they are Pad, then don't listen to them. Go out & prove them wrong, show them that you're more than capable.

Is your past stopping you from achieving what you want?

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:hug: Keep fighting Pad x

7. HOW

HOW Well-Known Member

Practice the interview infront the mirror and remember certain things that you want to tell the interviewer. Such as why you want to study that course and give a small story.

8. Pad

Pad Well-Known Member

I feel sooo thick.

9. SpencerA

SpencerA Well-Known Member

don't aim low, work with what you have, and look at what you could do in order to expand on what you already know. also, don't go into the interview feeling like you're being judged, or holding onto the previous rejections from other universities. which ones have you applied for just out of interest? a lot of universities are particularly pretentious anyway.

10. Pad

Pad Well-Known Member

I have applied to brunel- rejected, city- rejected, kingston- havent heard from and farnborough college- got interview. farnborough is a college who have very low admission standards and even they say i dont have much of a chance :dry:

11. SpencerA

SpencerA Well-Known Member

what grades did you get? and in what subjects? (you can message if you like, either way its all good :))

12. Pad

Pad Well-Known Member

My grades were crap =[ apart from a double A in the sciences (which is my focal point on my application) i didnt get a grade above a C including Ds Es and an F =/

Well as usual my face decides to fill with spots at the worst possible moment, maybe it has something to do with the stress. My interview is on saturday and I feel so down. I dont think i can rest until it's over with

13. Pad

Pad Well-Known Member

Had the interview and sooo glad it's over with. I think it went ok, i hessitated on a couple of questions towards the end though as my anxiety levels began to hit the roof >.< I hope for the best, maybe they think it went well too

14. Leiaha

Leiaha Well-Known Member

Good luck pad, I hope you get in.

Lea :hug:

15. Pad

Pad Well-Known Member

Thank you :smile:

16. Shock

Shock Well-Known Member

Man i know exactly how you feel man. I wrote a post a while back about how I didnt get into the course i wanted too and how upset i was about it. It felt like these nobodies were blatantly spitting in my face and telling me a i wasnt good enough to be in their presence. But, well i remeber there that no one can believe in you more then yourself and that you must push past criticism. Did anyone think Richard Branson would succeed when he started a magazine (with no formal training i might add) at 17? and I wonder if that record company that rejected the Beatles is still around? I remeber these things whenever shit like that hits the fan, and it helps a bit, like a mantra. Hope it helps you!

17. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I am glad the interview went well. Good luck, I hope they accept you :hug:

18. Sam2009

Sam2009 Member

Hey Pad, I hope you get what you want. But please remember that even if you don't get what you want this time round, you still have chances. I didn't get into the Unis of my choice; I messed up my A levels and didn't meet my offers, then went into a panic and just got a place through clearing to something i didnt want to do at a uni i didnt even know where it was! i went for a week and then came home. I went back to school and re-took my A levels, re-applied to Uni, and got the grades I wanted. I graduated June 2007. Trust me, you can achieve it if it is really what you want.

Good luck

19. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Wishing you all the luck.. I have faith that you will siucceed..Stay positive and your dreams will happen..~Joseph~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.