1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Failure

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by AmericanNight, Aug 18, 2009.

1. AmericanNight

AmericanNight Member

Since I can remember I have always failed at everything I have set out to do, I failed in school, did not graduate with my classmates, was keep back a few times, I even had a career counselor tell me I would be nothing more than a laborer when I was in High School. I joined the Military but I never made the higher ranks, I retired a lower ranked person, people that I thought would never make rank in the Military passed me and went on to successful careers. I never got into trouble for 20 years in the Navy received many awards but never the rank to go with them. I have tried to do good for my wife and kids but everything I do, collapses, I am even trying to make a run at an online business and in four months I have had 4 sales, looks like failure again. All I want is for my wife and kids to be in a decent neighborhood not the crime infested place we are in now. Everyday constant constant worry, I throw up in the morning, I am dazed all day and I am stressed beyond belief. My Psychiatrist has heard this story and she and others say I have AADD and probably had it all my life and was never diagnosed with it, along with the other mental problems I have. I feel like someone or something has played a cruel joke on me by marking me for failure along with those who are close to me. I just want to cry and never stop.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hey if you made it in the navy you are not a failure no matter what rank. The navy doesn't take failures. I think you did the best that you could and there is nothing wrong with being a general labour either You should be proud of your accomplishments i know i am proud of you take care you are not a failure not in my eyes anyway.

3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

You're not a failure. You joined the military, and you made it. You survived, and that in itself shows you aren't a failure.

What kind of online business are you running? Have you been able to do much advertising?

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Your not a failure as long as you keep trying.. You only fail if you give up..I'm uneducated also..Did the general labor thing for years..The only two times in my life I was proud of was when I joined the Marines and when I got a job as a dispatcher, it was management so I made good money.. I ended up loosing everythingbecause of my depression..Now I am an isolationist but I don't see myself as a failure.. That was just an example for you..Keep trying you will be surprised how good things sneak in when you aren't expecting them..

5. AmericanNight

AmericanNight Member

I understand what all of you are saying, but because I was able to tough out the Navy for 20+ years does not make me successful, in fact it has done the opposite, everything i was promised by the Military when I retired is going away, benefits that were supposed to be for me and my family are not being honored.

I thought being in the service would train you for a good job when you get out, but that was a lie, employers do not care, in fact a lot of them do not want to hire veterans because they don't want to pay them for what their worth.

Now that I am unemployable anyway it doesn't matter, I can't go forward, there is no goal, I can't support my family on what I make. CRAP!!!!

I can't deal with this, my head feels like it wants to explode, I have pressure in front of my head the sides and my eyes are beginning to hurt. I don't know, my family doesn't know half the stuff I feel, I have just shut myself out to anyone now. I just want to quit.

:blub: