Fake Facebook

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by fromthatshow, Dec 9, 2009.

1. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

So me and my friends made a fake facebook profile around a year or so ago. I just rediscovered it a couple days ago. My friends and I have been going on and messing with people. Nothing mean.

But lately I have been going on a lot more. I have been talking to people, saying the most random shit. I have been really sexually forward with a lot of girls. And thing is, they like it! People seem to like this fake character we've created more than me! That's why I go on and talk to people. And I feel sad that it's all for this fake character we've made up. It's not like he's any better looking than I am. He's real, he's funny, he's forward. He's crude, he's inappropriate. And people like him! I've had many more girls talk to me being him than being myself since I started using this again.

I have spent more time in the last two days being him than being myself :(. I wish I had the guts to be the way I want to be.

2. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

What's stopping you?

Not literally, but what is the worst that can happen? People seem to like this persona, so if that's you then be it.

You already learned their general reactions.

3. fromthatshow

I was talking about it in therapy yesterday. It's funny, what's stopping me is fear that people won't like me but nobody really likes me anyway so I don't know what I have to lose. I'm just scared I guess.
    I've always thought it'd be better to have a lot of enemies and a lot of friends than just be a nice guy with acquaintances but no real friends.
    I just need to stop being so afraid.

Just saw that you added to your response. That's true I've already seen the reactions :laugh:. Now I really have no excuses.

4. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

As cliché as it sounds you just gotta be yourself.

If that's you be it.

The hell what others think, though you might find people are more receptive than you think.

5. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

I can completely relate to what you're saying here. It feels as though your true personality is locked up inside and you can't let it free in case people don't like it or reject you. You're afraid they'll shoot you down. It really is harder than it sounds to just be yourself, because yourself is, at the same time, the one holding you back.

For me, I've been this way so long now that the pretend, fake me (fake me being the one who holds back and doesn't do or say anything much) has become the 'real' me. I forget that this isn't how I am intended to be. Or is it? Maybe we really are this way but are disappointed with ourselves and like to think there is another 'real' you that you can't be but simply want to be.

Who knows.

6. Stormhand

Stormhand Well-Known Member

in my opinion, I say you should more be yourself, cause its going to cause certain expectations if you do try to be this other person online, but be yourself in person, thats going to make ppl say some shit about you in my opinion.
    Try it out if you like, if you think you have the strength to try to reinvent yourself, good for you!

7. sucidalgirl99

sucidalgirl99 Well-Known Member

I'm feeling the same way as your post, Avarice!

8. sucidalgirl99

sucidalgirl99 Well-Known Member

I'm always here for you, but please try to be yourself.

9. Stormhand

Stormhand Well-Known Member

If you want to try improving yourself, I am not saying you need it.
    Try finding a self help book or e-book, they can help.

10. fromthatshow

Well I'm not so much interested in improving myself as in letting out the real me, which is quite a challenge.