Fake It Till You Make It

Discussion in 'Strategies for Success' started by BlackGrey, Oct 4, 2016.

1. BlackGrey

BlackGrey The Cheery Fool

So everyone has their good days and their bad days. Ideally, on a bad day I would like to just lay in the day with music playing so that I wouldn't be able to think at all. But if the world was ideal I wouldn't be depressed in the first place. I still need to get up and do stuff, otherwise my problems would get even worse.
    So I wanted to ask, what do you do to make it possible to get through the day?
    SunShine1973 likes this.
  2. Frances M

Frances M Mountain Woman

I get out in Nature, take care of my pets, do self-therapy, feed my spirit, exercise, eat well, keep busy doing things I enjoy and make all of my choices based on my heart and the love I have for my family. Took me a while to get here, but positive thinking really does work. Also purposely feeling gratitude every day forces me to think of only the good things I have in my life.
    SunShine1973 and BlackGrey like this.
  3. Eves

Eves Member

When I'm mad, I furiously vacuum the house and I feel so much better afterwards - I'm so much calmer when things are clean! But I really look forward to the quiet moments when there's no one around and no activity and no stress. Then I'll watch a film or listen to music or read a book. That's probably what cheers me up the most.
    SunShine1973 and Frances M like this.
  4. draws

draws Active Member

I like the way you described it.
    It was a really bad day for me today. I looked at my long list of stuff, and found some little thing that I kinda like to do. I did that, and that shut up my fkng mind for a while. Then, I chose another thing I kinda like to do. Plus, I did a couple things that HAD to get done. That helps. The moment the thing was done, my mind was instantly black again. But at least some time went by, to get this bad day over with. (Although I suspect I'll be in the same boat tomorrow). Important bad day tip: do NOT talk to spouse about money right now. *shudder*.
    Frances M likes this.