Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Freya, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

I am sure that 'fake it til you make it' has merit if the thing you are faking is just... buried. Under insecurity or fear or a lack of confidence or whatever. But faking it because you don't have it, faking it when you can't do it, faking it so you don't... *METHOD* Well that's just pathetic.

I just spent actual hours trying to figure out something that literally millions of people can do. That actual children can do. And I can't figure it out. And the reason I can't figure it out is because I am fucking stupid. I pretend I am smart, but the basic fact is I can't do ANYTHING unless someone shows me first. I have an excellent memory - if someone shows me something I can do it. But remembering something doesn't make you smart. I can't work out ANYTHING for myself.

Who can really blame all the people who gave up on me. I am not worth investing time or energy in. Let alone anything else.

I am a fake. I fake a desire to live. I fake a belief in the future. I fake being a nice person. I fake being smart. I fake EVERYTHING. In actual fact - if you strip back all the false shit - is barely even a human. No wonder everybody who actually knows me gave up on me.
  2. MeowC

MeowC Well-Known Member

I am like that to, it's exteremely difficult to do something unless I'm shown it first and it can get frustrating, but that doesn't mean you are stupid at all.
    Anyone who gave up on you isn't worth your time and you can go find people who will care about you and not give up because you do deserve that. You DON'T deserve to be given up on and you should know that lots of people on here care even if they may be too shy to say it to you
  3. lautanner

lautanner Well-Known Member

People who give up don't have the strength it takes to support people with emotional pain. You are more human than they are.
  4. soulreaper

soulreaper Well-Known Member

fake it until you make it is a band aid solution, step 1 think of the person you want be step 2 fake it until you adjust into becoming that person thru learnt behavior step you are the person you tried to become, then take off the band aid. there is nothing wrong with trying to better yourself and giing kindness to other, weither you genuinely feel it or not. faking until you genuinely feel kindness towards others, isn't a crime.