Faking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinking_ship

woman overboard
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi Sinking, Sorry you're feeling so bummed. When was a time you didn't feel lazy or unmotivated? How can you get back to that? I think we all feel that way from time to time, even those who would be considered "successful." We just need to remember every day when we wake up that today's a new day. Just take it day by day.
I think I’ve always been lazy, I just had goals that were easier for me. I am successful because I’m intelligent and lucky.

Thanks though. My therapist also tries to tell me to take things one day at a time. I’m not so good at that

sinking_ship

woman overboard
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi sinking_ship!!!
How are you this evening?
Hey. Not quite evening yet - I’m waiting for some code to finish so I can leave work to get my car from the shop.

I’m doing okay, thanks. For now at least. We’ll see how I fare once I’m home alone.

I still don’t really know what to believe. Because I’m depressed I think I’m not depressed? It feels like it makes more sense to blame myself rather than use depression as an “excuse”. Which, yes therapist thank you, I WOULD only call it an “excuse” in quotes for me and not for the other 6,999,999 people on the planet.

Were all together

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hey. Not quite evening yet - I’m waiting for some code to finish so I can leave work to get my car from the shop.

I’m doing okay, thanks. For now at least. We’ll see how I fare once I’m home alone.

I still don’t really know what to believe. Because I’m depressed I think I’m not depressed? It feels like it makes more sense to blame myself rather than use depression as an “excuse”. Which, yes therapist thank you, I WOULD only call it an “excuse” in quotes for me and not for the other 6,999,999 people on the planet.
Maybe, pick up a good book to read?

sinking_ship

woman overboard
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Ok, my therapist pointed out that either way, if it’s depression or some other reason, the things I need to do to help myself are the same. So I guess I’m supposed to stop concentrating on the why. That doesn’t come naturally to me, but I’ll try to remind myself.

We had a long session last night and I feel like a lot was said but I don’t know that I processed it all. I’m still just confused about what’s going on in my own head and what’s really me versus what I pretend to be.

Were all together

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Ok, my therapist pointed out that either way, if it’s depression or some other reason, the things I need to do to help myself are the same. So I guess I’m supposed to stop concentrating on the why. That doesn’t come naturally to me, but I’ll try to remind myself.

We had a long session last night and I feel like a lot was said but I don’t know that I processed it all. I’m still just confused about what’s going on in my own head and what’s really me versus what I pretend to be.
Glad you had a session. At least you're talking. Don't expect drastic results soon. It will take time. And, that's always the hardest part. But, the good thing is, you're getting help. And, we need you!!

sinking_ship

woman overboard
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Glad you had a session. At least you're talking. Don't expect drastic results soon. It will take time. And, that's always the hardest part. But, the good thing is, you're getting help. And, we need you!!
Thanks. You’re awfully chipper haha. And yeah, my therapist is pretty great even if he doesn’t always tell me what I want to hear (ugh, probably BECAUSE he doesn’t). I’ve been seeing him for almost a year though. I think some things I’ve improved and others I’ve gone downhill, so I lose patience. I wish it was a linear process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00