Falling apart again

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by DarnTired, Dec 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarnTired

DarnTired Antiquitie's Friend

You all may know that I lost a friend recently (I posted about it in the "Lost" thread) and now I feel as if nothing is going right. I must admit that I fell off the wagon after four months. Losing John after losing my job and spending Thanksgiving alone was too much. To tell you the truth, getting drunk yesterday made me remember why I'd given up drinking in the first place, so I think my lapse will help strengthen my will to give up drink from this point on. But then I got more bad news today. For the past 19 months, I've been a temp at the IHOP Corporation, bouncing around from department to department. Everyone asked me why I didn't get a permanent job, as if the idea hadn't occurred to me. Well, I finally saw a job at the company that I wanted. So I applied for it. Then my assignment ended two weeks ago and I've been out of work since. Today, I found out that since I'm no longer working at IHOP and the job I applied for is for current employees, I am no longer being considered for it. Basically, they will have to go through all of the internal applications and reject them before they consider mine. Well, I just don't think that's fair after all the time I've spent there. It's bascially a technicality, but they're going to stick to it. I can't tell you how angry I am. So, here I am, sitting in my apartment three weeks before Christmas with little money, getting depressed at the few ads I see online, nobody to talk to and saddened over John's death and I have to tell you that I think I'm going crazy. In the past two days I've sent out only 1 resume. I can't bring myself to sit down and do a serious job search effort because the depression is too thick. I want someone to hug me. I want to cry in someone's arms. I wish someone could help me. Everyine says I'm so smart and talented and yet, I can't get a job. Why is life like this?

2. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Hi Craig. Guess falling off the wagon is understandable after John's death. Glad you climbed straight back on. The thing about your job must suck after you've been there so long. Hope something turns up for you. You know I'm here if you ever need to chat.:smile:

3. Oak

Oak Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Life is a jungle hun, sorry for your loss. I have no words of wisdom but i care so here is for you a :hug: and my best thoughts

4. DarnTired

DarnTired Antiquitie's Friend

Thanks, you two. Nice to meet you, Granny. And thanks, SR, ol' mate. Sleeping through the night is always good for clearing the head. I just need some time to mourn my friend and all the others things that have bothered me. There's a party tomorrow night that I'm gonna' go to in order to get and mix with a few friends and play my guitar. That'll help a bit.

5. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Hi mate. Enjoy the party. If you've not met Granny before she is a real treasure. Best wishes.:smile:

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi darntired, I'm so sorry for your loss.

I wish you luck with finding a new job hun. I'm here if you need to talk :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.