falling fast

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by pachrissy, Nov 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pachrissy

pachrissy Well-Known Member

i am in a really bad spot. and i have been for a while now. its not getting any better. i dont see any hope. just when i think i cant go any lower it drops to a new lower level. i started cutting after years and now cant stop. cutting doesnt change the feelings but have to keep cutting. i am hopeless, useless and a looser. i have a therapist i saw a few times but its all new and cant tell her for fear of hospital. i have noone to talk to. no family or friends. my kids are too young and my husband has no idea. DEPRESSION HAS NEVER BEEN THIS BAD. i have my back door open and still working on details. i dont know what to do.

2. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

sorry to read you are going through such a rough patch. i know what you mean about starting cutting again and having a hard time stopping, i'm in the same boat. don't be shy about really opening up to your therapist. you can always ask her/him what policies they have about when people talk to them about suicide. i was in therapy for 6 months earlier this year and i was actively suicidal. ... she never reported me to anyone or had me admitted. i was able to be completely open with her. still, it's good to find out their policy up front if you are concerned. depression is a terrible thing, but i can be treated and you can start to recover. you just really need to have someone to open up to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.