falling for my therapist

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by bunjyman, Jul 31, 2014.

1. bunjyman

bunjyman Active Member

i dont know what to do im falling for my therapist
    im so confused

2. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

To be very honest, my advice in this situation is to find a new therapist and stop seeing her/him. There is no way for this to end well and, more importantly. if you feel that way you cannot possibly get the help you need from this therapy. I know it is hard but please explain this to your dr (if it was GP referred) or find a new private therapist (if it wasn't).

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hey I got your PM, I'm really unsure about this. Yes-they are caring and compassionate which is why you may be falling for her but i tend to agree with Freya that this might not end well, and you could end up in an even worse state, the fact you can afford/or get therapy 3-4 days in a row is amazing so maybe switching wouldn't be such a bad idea :)

4. bunjyman

bunjyman Active Member

i know your both right, i wish you weren't but you are, i'll call her in the morning

5. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Maybe request next one to be same gender as you or opposite depending on your sexual preferences to avoid same issues over again.