1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Falling in love with Teachers or College Professors.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Twinkle ☆ Twinkle, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Twinkle ☆ Twinkle

Twinkle ☆ Twinkle Well-Known Member

Is it wrong?
    Has it ever happened to you?
    What would you do?

2. pogosticker

pogosticker Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say I 'fell in love', but I did have a crush on one (doesn't everyone?)

I'd just smile at him a lot. Think I creeped him out a bit, lol. And this one time he held me behind after class, I thought he was flirting - but he wasn't. I flirted, he felt uncomfortable, and then he hurried things along to get rid of me. Was new to the school so he was just kind of seeing how I was getting on. Awkward.

3. 1112222

1112222 Well-Known Member

Well funnily enough when I was teaching English in Korea last year I had student come on to me saying that she would have sex with me if I gave her a passing grade :laugh:.

4. Fredericks

Fredericks Well-Known Member

We all get teacher crushes: don't worry about it :)

5. lviee

lviee New Member

Every year.Every year.

6. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

^^ Yep. At best Id say it's a tease :) Gets dodgy if you go forward with anything, and tbh, it's not really appriopriate for any teach to get into a relationship with an existing student. That feeling of love, is perhaps more a projection tbh. I wouldn't say it's love, but Idk how it is for you so I wont go further on that :)

7. Ldub20

Ldub20 Well-Known Member

Oh yes it's happened to me, because one of the reasons is this professor is my age and has taken a class with me. I'd love to be with her and consider her to be the perfect GF but doubt it'll ever happen.

8. AsphyxiateOnWords

AsphyxiateOnWords Eρεβος/Νύξ

I don't remember ever having a crush on a teacher...but this one teacher in a high school seemed to have this odd sort of obsession with me and my personal life. Maybe he was just trying to help someone that he viewed to be a "damaged/insecure teenager". But it got to the point that I was staying after class and talking to him about my sex life. Yeah...sounds really weird even when I type it out, but I had lost my virginity around that time to some guy that my parents ended up scaring off with threats of calling the cops because he was 20 and I was 15...and I didn't know that it was because of that until years later (and when I found out, I was fucking pissed because that whole time I kept thinking I just wasn't good enough and he only intended to use me that whole time). It actually took me a while to get over that. But this teacher basically noticed that something was wrong with me and I looked upset or whatever, and he just started asking me about my life. But he didn't do anything inappropriate, just I don't know...the whole situation was a little odd.

9. pppqp

pppqp Well-Known Member

oh god. is is it wrong to fall in love? gotta ask first how far do you let it go? to what extent?
    i fall in love with teachers and professors all the time since i was in grade 1.
    never been in a relationship... so i guess i was just lonely and needed someone to hold on to
    maybe i should call it 'admiration' instead bcoz i never really thought about having sex with them, and most of them were 10 to 20 years older than me and most of them are female (i'm female)

one thing i have to tell you is: be careful.
    it is easy for teachers with no morality to take advantage of you
    it is somewhat similar to romantic relationships between patients and pdocs, in my opinion.

10. Twinkle ☆ Twinkle

Twinkle ☆ Twinkle Well-Known Member

I agree that some can take advantage and it's rather sad. It makes me kinda angry because I always thought that teacher/professors were suppose to be people who were suppose to be helpful and caring, but I guess since they're also human they're prone to stupidity.

A couple of years ago, while I was still in High School there was a teacher that got fired or was forced to resign (I'm not sure of all the details) because he was having a relationship with a student. This situation pretty much screwed the guy over, because he was also married.

11. GreyCat

GreyCat Well-Known Member

When I was at uni as a mature student I had a tutor who was the same age as me and I was extremely attracted to him. I found this very annoying and remained aloof from him. It kind of messed up the class, I couldn't stop thinking bad things when I saw him. Ha. I wish I hadn't fancied him, probably would have got more out of the class. I know someone who married their tutor though.

12. Broken Wings

Broken Wings Well-Known Member

Teacher crushes were/are a major part of my life.
    Never so serious that I ever (seriously) contemplated letting it on to them, but serious enough that I'd say it is a kink of mine.
    From the seventh grade on I've had a crush on one or more teachers, constantly. Everything from tiny crushes and attractions to the point of pining a little.
    Kinda bugs me, actually. One of those things I don't like in myself. -shrug-