Falling in love with Teachers or College Professors.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Twinkle ☆ Twinkle, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Twinkle ☆ Twinkle

Twinkle ☆ Twinkle Well-Known Member

Is it wrong?
    Has it ever happened to you?
    What would you do?
  2. pogosticker

pogosticker Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say I 'fell in love', but I did have a crush on one (doesn't everyone?)

I'd just smile at him a lot. Think I creeped him out a bit, lol. And this one time he held me behind after class, I thought he was flirting - but he wasn't. I flirted, he felt uncomfortable, and then he hurried things along to get rid of me. Was new to the school so he was just kind of seeing how I was getting on. Awkward.
  3. 1112222

1112222 Well-Known Member

Well funnily enough when I was teaching English in Korea last year I had student come on to me saying that she would have sex with me if I gave her a passing grade :laugh:.
  4. Fredericks

Fredericks Well-Known Member

We all get teacher crushes: don't worry about it :)
  5. lviee

lviee New Member

Every year.Every year.
  6. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

^^ Yep. At best Id say it's a tease :) Gets dodgy if you go forward with anything, and tbh, it's not really appriopriate for any teach to get into a relationship with an existing student. That feeling of love, is perhaps more a projection tbh. I wouldn't say it's love, but Idk how it is for you so I wont go further on that :)
  7. Ldub20

Ldub20 Well-Known Member

Oh yes it's happened to me, because one of the reasons is this professor is my age and has taken a class with me. I'd love to be with her and consider her to be the perfect GF but doubt it'll ever happen.
  8. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

I don't remember ever having a crush on a teacher...but this one teacher in a high school seemed to have this odd sort of obsession with me and my personal life. Maybe he was just trying to help someone that he viewed to be a "damaged/insecure teenager". But it got to the point that I was staying after class and talking to him about my sex life. Yeah...sounds really weird even when I type it out, but I had lost my virginity around that time to some guy that my parents ended up scaring off with threats of calling the cops because he was 20 and I was 15...and I didn't know that it was because of that until years later (and when I found out, I was fucking pissed because that whole time I kept thinking I just wasn't good enough and he only intended to use me that whole time). It actually took me a while to get over that. But this teacher basically noticed that something was wrong with me and I looked upset or whatever, and he just started asking me about my life. But he didn't do anything inappropriate, just I don't know...the whole situation was a little odd.
  9. pppqp

pppqp Well-Known Member

oh god. is is it wrong to fall in love? gotta ask first how far do you let it go? to what extent?
    i fall in love with teachers and professors all the time since i was in grade 1.
    never been in a relationship... so i guess i was just lonely and needed someone to hold on to
    maybe i should call it 'admiration' instead bcoz i never really thought about having sex with them, and most of them were 10 to 20 years older than me and most of them are female (i'm female)

one thing i have to tell you is: be careful.
    it is easy for teachers with no morality to take advantage of you
    it is somewhat similar to romantic relationships between patients and pdocs, in my opinion.
  10. Twinkle ☆ Twinkle

Twinkle ☆ Twinkle Well-Known Member

I agree that some can take advantage and it's rather sad. It makes me kinda angry because I always thought that teacher/professors were suppose to be people who were suppose to be helpful and caring, but I guess since they're also human they're prone to stupidity.

A couple of years ago, while I was still in High School there was a teacher that got fired or was forced to resign (I'm not sure of all the details) because he was having a relationship with a student. This situation pretty much screwed the guy over, because he was also married.
  11. GreyCat

GreyCat Well-Known Member

When I was at uni as a mature student I had a tutor who was the same age as me and I was extremely attracted to him. I found this very annoying and remained aloof from him. It kind of messed up the class, I couldn't stop thinking bad things when I saw him. Ha. I wish I hadn't fancied him, probably would have got more out of the class. I know someone who married their tutor though.
  12. Broken Wings

Broken Wings Well-Known Member

Teacher crushes were/are a major part of my life.
    Never so serious that I ever (seriously) contemplated letting it on to them, but serious enough that I'd say it is a kink of mine.
    From the seventh grade on I've had a crush on one or more teachers, constantly. Everything from tiny crushes and attractions to the point of pining a little.
    Kinda bugs me, actually. One of those things I don't like in myself. -shrug-