Falling is such fun

Angie

Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I just fell again on the back steps. Got scratched up in a couple places and leg is already sore.

This is 3rd or 4th fall this year. I got a cane and used it for a while but I felt silly with it.

I think if I do some balance exercises that would help. But I am having such a hard time getting that done.

Getting old does indeed suck.

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
Glad to hear that you still bounce e.g. nothing broken :)...yes I've tried balancing exercises in wii yoga...very sad efforts I must say...glad no other witnesses except for my dog....but suppose they could be helpful

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
LOL! You do have strange tastes when you consider falling fun. But it seems to come with menopause. My mom fell several times. It was really more of a collapse then a fall. I fell twice. Could not figure out why. Did not trip or anything, was just suddenly on the ground. The second time my chin bounced of the sidewalk. I had this absolutely delicious bruise. No one would ask me about it because they figured I had been beaten up by a boyfriend! But the falling does seem to have passed. The balance exercises should help you.

Angie

Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I've always been strange Barb!

I talked to my GP's nurse yesterday. She said it would be ok for me to go back to the Silversneakers (Medicare paid for) exercise class. They had told me not to go because I hurt my back, but she said me sitting around was more dangerous.

I was excited to hear that I like the class, I just have to be careful. Of course this morning I'm stiff and sore but am still going to bingo and breakfast at the senior center.

Thank guys for the responses.

Hugs, Angie

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
Just take care of yourself today...and hopefully ouchies will be better after a day of rest....sending you hugs

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00