False Awakenings

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by SAVE_ME, Oct 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

Anyone ever had a false awakening in a dream before? I've been experiencing these quite a lot recently, where basically I'm dreaming that I've woken up in the morning and am going about my day. Sometimes I latch on to the fact it's a dream and go into a 'lucid dream', other times I continue dreaming until I wake up for real. Just about all of these dreams take place in a house I lived in a few years ago, and I'm aware of what's been going on in my waking life (like I'll remember a letter I got irl the day before or w/e).....anybody else have these? I hear they're usually very common after having a lucid dream.

2. shades

shades Staff Alumni

I think I may have had these some time ago but was not aware of what they were. My mother has lucid dreams to the point where she will get out of bed and go to make a phone call. Then she realizes she is acting based on the dream. It may be due to her meds though.

I'm curious about wheter or not you are on any meds that might be causing or enhancing the effect.

3. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I've had dreams like these all my life.

4. SAVE_ME

Yep, I'm on sertraline (zoloft) 50mg atm, so yeah that could be causing it.

5. shades

shades Staff Alumni

There are about 30 warnings in the "PILL BOOK" if these are mixed with any other types of meds or alcohol. Otherwise it doesn't appear that there is any connection. It did state that people can experience allmost anything though, and if mixed with other meds may cause hallucinations.

Let me know if you're taking anything else or alcohol. Also, has this situation come up since you started the Zoloft, or did you experience this previously?

6. SAVE_ME

Na, only recently. At first they were rare, then I'd have them about once a week, and now almost every night. Not on anything else and very rarely drink alcohol so dunno....my brother's gf is also on meds and she told me there may be times where I have 'odd' dreams and/or hallucinations. Sometimes think I'm hearing things which freaks me out a bit, and a couple of times I've hallucinated. Think I should see my doc about this?

Also, dunno if the time of day I take them has anything to do with it but thought it might be worth noting that I usually take them right after dinner, which for me is usually around 5/6pm. Used to take them in the mornings but they made me drowsy.

7. shades

shades Staff Alumni

YES! I think you should check with the doc to be sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.