Familiar feeling

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Shauna Lea, Jun 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shauna Lea

Shauna Lea Staff Alumni

It's been a long time since I've felt this low - the things I'm thinking about make me feel like I never recovered. I don't know what to do. I worked so hard to get out of this situation and now in one day I feel like I'm back again...

It hurts :sad:

2. GaiaMischief

GaiaMischief Well-Known Member

If it's all right for me to ask, what's making you feel so low? What's changed from the times you felt better?

I get what you mean by feeling like it's impossible to recover. Bad mood swings definitely did that for me. Eventually things evened out and I started being happier for longer than I was depressed.

3. Shauna Lea

Shauna Lea Staff Alumni

I'm in a complicated situation with relationships at the moment, I'm just finding it hard to get enjoyment out of things in the last week or so. I'm not sure if there is a specific trigger but all of a sudden each day is as dark as it was before!

4. GaiaMischief

GaiaMischief Well-Known Member

Well, I'm not sure what to say other than you're not alone in this regard. In situations that I should be perfectly happy I still get kind of down...and I end up feeling guilty because people are telling me I "SHOULD" be happy.

Sometimes feeling down can happen for absolutely no good reason...but fortunately it's always temporary...things will always eventually turn up :)

5. UpForAbbey

UpForAbbey Guest

:(
    I was introduced to your music today by someone, and to be honest, I couldn't believe it. You have talent far beyond anyone I have come into contact with before. I know this isn't exactly the best place to put that, but I hope hearing it from someone else helps, even a little.
    I know i've never talked to you or anything, but I really would like to get to know you. You seem like a great person, and I'm sorry you're feeling so low.
    Feel free to add me on MSN
    ARCarr89@yahoo.com
    <333 :hug:

6. Shauna Lea

Shauna Lea Staff Alumni

UpForAbbey - it's always lovely to get a compliment from a stranger. Who was it that introduced you to my music? Not someone by the name of Ester/Ishy by any chance? hehe! Thanks very much for your kind words - it certainly made me feel a bit better. I wish I had the motivation to do something with the talent but at the moment I'm focused on getting through the day.

GaiaMischief - thank you for your speedy replies! I know I'm not alone - I wish we all knew the answers!

7. UpForAbbey

UpForAbbey Guest

Yeah it was est :p
    Compliments from complete strangers are nice, lol. Me and est were trading off youtube links, and she gave me your link and I was like "Who's that?!" and she says "Shauna".... it took me like 5 minutes to figure out that she meant you, lol.
    Ah, good times.
    Up in the first post you said you were thinking about things, do you want to share those?
    :hug:
    My name is abbey, btw ;)

8. Shauna Lea

Shauna Lea Staff Alumni

Just thinking really negatively in general to be honest - I don't know what's come over me I feel like I can breathe again :sad: It hurts so much!

9. Shauna Lea

Shauna Lea Staff Alumni

PS Est is the best overseas manager ever lol!

10. UpForAbbey

UpForAbbey Guest

I added you to msn :wink:
    I have a trillion hugs for you hun :hug:
    I know it hurts now, and i know its hard to see now, but things'll get better.

11. Shauna Lea

Shauna Lea Staff Alumni

Thanks for adding me.

I know they can get better, they have every time but I'm losing the strength to make it better. Each time I fall down it takes that much effort to get back up - I'm tired of it!

12. Shauna Lea

Shauna Lea Staff Alumni

Next day - I feel even worse! i wish he would just put me out of my misery!:sad:

13. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

Aww Shauna, I'm sorry I didn't see this thread before. :hug: :hug:

I don't really know what to say, except that you can get out of this black hole again. Remember you got out of it last time. You can get out of it again, I think.
    Maybe playing music can be a distraction for you?

I'm sorry I don't really know what to say, but you know how to reach me if you ever need a listening ear. You're a wonderful person, and it hurts to see you in pain. I'm around if you need someone to lean on. :hug: :hug:

:wub:

14. Shauna Lea

Shauna Lea Staff Alumni

Thanks Est! I'm feeling a little better now thanks to a little someone I like to call Blake.

Me and Andrew finished another song last night and learnt a new cover - woo! We shall record soon!

15. Sa Palomera

Glad to hear you're feeling better, Shauns :hug: :hug:

What song did you cover? :smile:

16. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

shauna i sincerely hope you get to really feeling better soon. i know you said you have a little bit, but i really would love to hear that grew. please take care and stay safe

17. Shauna Lea

Shauna Lea Staff Alumni

Thanks insig. :smile:

We covered there for you - flyleaf and we finished 'Until I'm home' - it's sounding awesome! We are debuting it at a concert on the 26th - looking forward to it!

18. Shadowlands

Shadowlands Official SF Hugger Staff Alumni

:arms: Shauna

19. Sa Palomera

:smile: :hug: :hug: :arms: Shauns.

20. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am glad to hear you are feeling better Shauna. Congrats on the song and flyleaf. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.